Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Dec 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Sherwood Center parcs

Only ever been to longleat which we love. We are looking to book Xmas 2019 and woburn is in the middle of family who will be travelling. However it looks so small and particularly pool inside and no real pool outside. We have a mixed age group and swimming is more important than slides. So I’m actually thinking we travel further and do Sherwood.

Any views on areas which are good? We will want a 4 bed lodge.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I'd be interested to know to as I'm looking to book before xmas when the winter wonderland decorations are up.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went to Woburn last year and were disappointed with the pool. The slides are great but the main pool is tiny, no good for swimming and there is no outside pool. Also the site feels very small overall.

The lodges were lovely and brand new but we wouldn’t go back. We loved Whinfell but have moved now so is is too far away. We are thinking of trying Sherwood next.
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

We are at sherwood right now for the winter wonderland and it’s been fab. Pools are much better than Woburn, wave pool, outside pool and a lane pool, and I know you mentioned not slides but the rapids are my favourite here

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did Sherwood this year, Woburn is our closest but we wouldn’t go as when I say close I mean 15 mins away and it wouldn’t feel like we were going anywhere!
We had a great time at Sherwood. Our lodge was one of the furthest away but still only 10 minutes on the bikes.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Elveden is good.
We were at Sherwood for Xmas last year, my DS is only a toddler and as the pool was good things like parks etc were all aimed at older children. We did Elveden the month before and have just done it again this year and is so much better for his age group.

Both parks are good, we’ve done the winter wonderland 3 times in two years now, Sherwood was better for that. Our next trip is booked but going January 2020 back to Elveden as the deals are unreal. We’ve got a 4 bed upgraded villa for the same price as we paid for a 3 bed standard just a matter of weeks ago.
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
We are at sherwood right now for the winter wonderland and it’s been fab. Pools are much better than Woburn, wave pool, outside pool and a lane pool, and I know you mentioned not slides but the rapids are my favourite here
This is great to know. I'll definitely be booking for next year.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I’ve been to all of them apart from Longleat.
Whinfell is our closest so generally go there most of time.
I really like Woburn, it is smaller which I don’t mind but you are correct about the pool. We have young children and love slides so that bit is excellent. But the main pool is too small and there is no where to swim. Also feel the lake should be in the middle so you can walk around it.

Sherwood is the original site, it’s quite big but all flat. (Unlike whinfell!)
For older children the pool is great. Outdoor rapids are brilliant and it has a good size outdoor pool. For younger children I feel the pool isn’t that great. They are due a refurb soon.
The outside of the lodges look a bit dated but inside is fine.
The centre is like a little village and will be lovely during winter wonderland. Which I really recommend, we do it every year.

As to location it depends what you want and if you want to be close.
We have stayed on the far side of the lake, nearer the pub/golf area in the summer. With a view over the lake was lovely.
Also stayed a lot closer in Maple, near the pancake house. Depends if don’t mind walking/will take/hire bikes.

It’s not like Woburn where I wouldn’t want to be the wrong side of “the hill”. I know longleat has two sections with a little train? I think the furthest lodge at sherwood is no more than 20 min walk from the centre.

Definitely also have a look at Elevden if it’s not too far away.
The pool is great there, similar little village to Sherwood, nice lake etc.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks so much everyone I’ve booked sherwood in maple area. Very happy to have it booked and will be very excited for that this time next year!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List