Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
We’ll be there for Halloween so won’t be able to pass them on, I suppose I’ll just have to do the responsible thing & help eat them, you know to stop the kids eating them all & going hyper. Take one for the team & all that 😉😂
we used the ones left over to take into work
Old 3 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

3 bags each? Thats just greedy. We went to every station and only filled one each.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

You can use any bag or container for trick or treating at MNSSHP, the CMs will put candy into whichever bag you are using!

And you can get a serious amount of candy at MNSSHP. From the few I've been to I find that they generally only give out a few pieces at the start of the party, but towards the end they start giving out handfuls... (One time it was close to midnight on a rainy day so not many people left, went to a trick or treat station and was the only one there, and the 4 CMs there just dumped a double handful of candy each into my bag - must have ended up with a few kilos of candy that night with a good amount of it from that one encounter!)

So anyway, good to bring a spare bag to put candy into as there is a chance you might end up with a lot of candy...
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
In 3 years of going to MNSSHP, we've never been given lots of candy near midnight - we must be doing it wrong, LOL!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Think I’m going to hide this thread from the kids otherwise they’ll be dragging me around EVERY trick or treat station at midnight, giving the staff puppy dog eyes & hoping for extra sweets 😂

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
In 3 years of going to MNSSHP, we've never been given lots of candy near midnight - we must be doing it wrong, LOL!
Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
Think I’m going to hide this thread from the kids otherwise they’ll be dragging me around EVERY trick or treat station at midnight, giving the staff puppy dog eyes & hoping for extra sweets 😂
I think that one encounter was because it was so late and the park was so empty because of the rain earlier that night! So they were just trying to give away as much of the candy left at the treat station as they could! Not that I was complaining though...

But generally I do find they get more generous with the candy as the night goes on, compared to earlier at the start of the party!
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, on each MNSSHP (and we've done a dozen so far) we end up with something like 3 or 4 kilos each (3 of us, so consider we leave MK with around 9 to 12 kilos , (or 20 to 25lbs if you prefer) of candy in a backpack.

we've found that regularly emptying the bag they give you works best with cast members.
they will often give less candy to a child with a full bag/pumpkin than to a child with an almost empty bag (I say child, but at 47 I still get my candies, or else ... lol )

OP you will find pumpkins for very cheap at walmart. I think a few years back we bought one for our DS for something like 69 cents (plus tax).

It soon became a pain in the back, and we were lucky to have a stroller to attach it too.
Wouldn't do again (the pumpkin, not the trick or treating, )

My best advice would be to bring along a backpack to empty the bags/pumpkin/cauldron/whatever. it will be easier to carry the kids' treasures this way, than in a container that will prove very difficult to carry, should you decide to ride rides ...

another advice is to taste the candy you get.
Of course, your regular twix, mouseketeers, mars, skittles are known territory, but some may not suit your tastebuds. And trick or treat stations hand over the same kind of candy, so no need to run 10 times the queue on a station that hands out candy nobody likes.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At $100 + pp person as always we intend to fill our boots greedy or not they make great presents when we get home in sweet cones or cups from Walmart .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List