Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I did it! I actually completed my 20 min run and week 5 this morning. I really wasn’t convinced I was ready for the big leap from 8 mins to 20 mins but I’m so proud of myself!
I can’t believe how well this app works, I would never have dreamed of being able to run for 20 mins 5 weeks ago... I struggled with 1 min lol 😂
Well done! I too am really amazed at how well the app works. I never was a runner, even at primary school, but am proud of how far I’ve come so far.
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just completed week 1... and my knees hurt 😊

I am enjoying it more than I thought I would though. Even went out in the rain this morning xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
I've just completed week 1... and my knees hurt 😊

I am enjoying it more than I thought I would though. Even went out in the rain this morning xx
I actually prefer the rain to the heat, much easier to run in lol 😂
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I did it! I actually completed my 20 min run and week 5 this morning. I really wasn’t convinced I was ready for the big leap from 8 mins to 20 mins but I’m so proud of myself!
I can’t believe how well this app works, I would never have dreamed of being able to run for 20 mins 5 weeks ago... I struggled with 1 min lol 😂
Told ya so...
Seriously the app works really well, I found Michael Johnson so helpful with the little tips he gave along the way. I would never have believed I would be running for 40 mins & actually loving doing it! I will never do it outside but will keep it up at the gym.
Love the fact that I can now pace myself which i found difficult to start with when I would have someone next to me running like Bolt !
Well done everyone who has/is keeping it up.
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I did the couch to 5K earlier in the year in the run up to doing the 5k at the Princess weekend at WDW at the end of February. I now need to get up to 10K as I have registered to do a 5K & 10k in WDW next year.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walden64 View Post
I did the couch to 5K earlier in the year in the run up to doing the 5k at the Princess weekend at WDW at the end of February. I now need to get up to 10K as I have registered to do a 5K & 10k in WDW next year.

Michelle
Are you on the Health Unlocked forum? They have a C25K one and also a Bridge to 10K where's there's a great 8 week program to follow that gets you from 5 to 10K. You can follow it on your own or they're just about to start a group post for a new 8 week program.

TinkTatoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Are you on the Health Unlocked forum? They have a C25K one and also a Bridge to 10K where's there's a great 8 week program to follow that gets you from 5 to 10K. You can follow it on your own or they're just about to start a group post for a new 8 week program.
Thanks TinkTatoo i'll take a look at that.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks TinkTatoo i'll take a look at that.

Michelle
I've just started week 3 of the 10k plan, I'm doing it myself as the timings didn't work out for me joining in on the forum. So far it seems achievable my longest run this week is 7k which I did today and my other two runs are a 5k and a 3.5k which I know I can do.

TinkTatoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Michelle
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I've just started week 3 of the 10k plan, I'm doing it myself as the timings didn't work out for me joining in on the forum. So far it seems achievable my longest run this week is 7k which I did today and my other two runs are a 5k and a 3.5k which I know I can do.
Brilliant to hear such good progress being made.

I've just done C25K week 3 run 1 after a 2 week rest re my knees. Seemed ok, but only time will tell. Love the tip this week on the NHS run to imagine someone's on the other side of a hedge and they shouldn't see your head bouncing up and down or be able to tell you're jogging.
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Just found out that you can download app, rather than podcasts. The MAIN thing I can now do is listen to my own music and still hear Laura when she talks.

Really pleased as the stock music on the C25K is ok, but not like playing your own music.

One more week 3 run and knees still seem ok.

Edited at 06:38 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List