Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kgarrigos
Proud to wear my Ears

which disney value resort

Hi All

I am planning on doing 1 night at a disney value resort so i can get the dsiney bands and more importantly the 60 day fast pass booking , but Im wandering which is the best value resort and for what reasons , any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

Kev
kgarrigos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Well I think they are similar in what they offer, so in which case you could base it off price (although there is likely to be little difference).

I have been looking at them lately as we are probably going to spend arrival night in one next year. I think Pop Century rooms look a bit more up to date than the All Stars, but I think we will probably go for Art of Animation as we like the resort theming.

There will, by the way, be very little advantage to 60 day FPs, the ones that are hard to get are not usually available on the first few days of a holiday and as you will only be able to book for two days, you will probably only get things you could get at 30 days anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Art of animation has great theming and a fabulous food court. I just love it!
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
we stayed at All Star Movies in a preferred room last November that was newly renovated and it was great! The food court is huge and grab and go was really good
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well I think they are similar in what they offer, so in which case you could base it off price (although there is likely to be little difference).

I have been looking at them lately as we are probably going to spend arrival night in one next year. I think Pop Century rooms look a bit more up to date than the All Stars, but I think we will probably go for Art of Animation as we like the resort theming.

There will, by the way, be very little advantage to 60 day FPs, the ones that are hard to get are not usually available on the first few days of a holiday and as you will only be able to book for two days, you will probably only get things you could get at 30 days anyway.
Agreed! Pop Century and Art of Animation look nicer than the All Stars resorts to me...they've never appealed. We are looking at staying at a value resort for our holiday in the future and have decided that Art of Animation is probably the nicest (we have also visited this one before) in preference of the All Stars! We love the classic Disney theming!
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

So the 60 day fastpass loophole has been closed, you only get 60 day advance booking for the length of your stay (so 1 night = 2 days). As for the best value it depends, AoA have family suites which can sleep a larger group in several rooms, pop has more adult theming and lovely new rooms, ASmovies now have the same room style as pop with the pull down second bed. ASmusic and sports are in bad need for the rooms refurbing, we were at sports in april and it felt very dated! Pop and AoA will be sharing the skyliner station from late September too so that will be an added bonus of staying at these - expect the prices to reflect that though, especially for the first year or two while people decide if they like it or not. If you are looking for somewhere to stay with the 60 day fp window then some of the Bonnet creek and hotel boulevard resorts have this too, you would have to buy the magic bands but would get a much nicer room for a similar price to the values and the benefits of the 60 day fp+.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
just back from Pop Century, we decided to do our last 3 nights there. had stayed at Coronado Springs for the first 7 nights.

loved Pop Century, not too large, easy to get the the food court, refillable drinks, bus stops and pools as resort not that big. lovely grounds

in the room there was a big double bed and a second one that was a murphy bed, it folded up against the wall and then became a dining table which was great during the day as the room was more spacious that way. I also think that Pop Century and AoA get less of the big school trips

photos.google/album/AF1Q...hmEaMNd_b89-ik