Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

LBV Resort & Spa vs Orange Lake

Looking to potentially squeeze in a 2 week stay next January and have been looking at these resorts.

From what I can see, Orange Lake is much bigger with more facilities but LBV is closer to the attractions.

Can anyone who has stayed at both provide any feedback please? Which resort is better and why?

Thanks!
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
purplemusky
Apprentice Imagineer

purplemusky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Done both LBV several time and Orange Lake last year. Going back to LBV this year, as we feel it's a better location, closer to parks etc.

I would return to Orange Lake again our two bedroom condo was superb so I suppose for me it would depend on price.

Don't get talked into the timeshare presentation upon arrival at OL, it is quite the hard sell.

1995 IDrive/St Pete's Beach/1999 IDrive/Sarasota/2012/2013/2014 & 2016 Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa/2017 Regal Palms & St Pete's Beach/2018 Orange Lake and Miami/2019 Miami, Clearwater & LBV
purplemusky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by purplemusky View Post
Done both LBV several time and Orange Lake last year. Going back to LBV this year, as we feel it's a better location, closer to parks etc.

I would return to Orange Lake again our two bedroom condo was superb so I suppose for me it would depend on price.

Don't get talked into the timeshare presentation upon arrival at OL, it is quite the hard sell.
Thanks for your reply. Is it true that the apartments at LBV are looking a bit tired? How do they compare to those at OL? I think LBV for us is winning atm purely for location reasons 🙂
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We stayed at LBV this year, and location, size of apartments are great no problem there, and the outlet next door we found pretty good as well. I can’t compare to the other one mentioned, only concern we had was the LBV is not gated (we should have checked before we went) and the security always felt a bit relaxed, and on the last night we were there 5 cars were broken, I know this can happen anywhere but it was certainly a sticking point for us. But the staff etc were excellent and we did enjoy our stay for the most part, certainly for the cost it’s worth considering.
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not stayed at LBV, but love Orange Lake.

Disney can be reached in about 10 minutes (AK in less using Black Lake / Sherberth), but Universal is nearer 30 minutes.

We also love the proximity to shops and restaurants which are less busy than around LBV.
Old 9 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

We have stayed at both but LBV Resort better location and price.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

We have done LBVRS about five times and it is in a great location, but last year the apartment was tatty and the fridge didn’t work right. This year we have decided to stay in a villa as we felt it had gone downhill last year. Yes we could have complained, but couldn’t be bothered as we had two young children with us and didn’t want the hassle.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
purplemusky
Apprentice Imagineer

purplemusky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Is it true that the apartments at LBV are looking a bit tired? How do they compare to those at OL? I think LBV for us is winning atm purely for location reasons 🙂
The OL rooms was a great and had just been refurbished but we have never been disappointed in the rooms at LBV. You can request a room in a certain block at LBV and hopefully it will be granted but not guaranteed. On one of our stays we were put in a block we didn't like and they moved us the next day with no problem.

1995 IDrive/St Pete's Beach/1999 IDrive/Sarasota/2012/2013/2014 & 2016 Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa/2017 Regal Palms & St Pete's Beach/2018 Orange Lake and Miami/2019 Miami, Clearwater & LBV
purplemusky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mibbs
Serious Dibber

Mibbs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Unfortunately not stayed in Orange Lakes But LBV Resort and Spa is fantastic, we've stayed in Building 5 twice, love the resort and the location is perfect just a few minutes away from Crossroads where there are plenty of restaurants, very near to Disney Springs.
Cant recommend enough
Mibbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Which block is the best to request please in LBV?
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List