Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 Aug 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Another great day, really excited for our trip next week now
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fuelman View Post
Another good day.

We loved Bryant Park just sitting there people watching in such a great setting surrounded by huge buildings. We found shopping a nightmare in New York, and didn't really enjoy it but I think its maybe because we prefer shopping in Florida too much.
Shopping was weird because you'd have one shop and then not another one for a while (apart from dare I say tat shops ) Mall shopping is much better!

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Sounds a lovely day, especially the trip to BBW 😀 DD and I visited four different ones when in Florida recently and didn't walk out empty handed from any of them!
That's my kind of shopping

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ouch, those salads ! Although if they lasted you all day , maybe not so bad.
Lovely to be in the park in the morning and evening. One of my fave memories is our first evening there, just soaking in the atmosphere, it's such a great space.
Seems not a bad shopping haul and a bit of much needed down time. Annoying about the tickets though ...
They were definitely filling but meant I was too full to try The Smith which was a little disappointing.
I want to be in that park now!

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Loving your TR we are going in November, me and my two sons. Shopping is high on their lists too, hope we can find some bargains lol. And another Kate Spade for me
Fab hope you manage to find some
Old 20 Aug 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney4Three View Post
Another great day, really excited for our trip next week now
You'll have a great time
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Whoops about Wholefood! We loved eating there but learnt that kess is more

Good shopping haul!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Whoops about Wholefood! We loved eating there but learnt that kess is more

Good shopping haul!
Definitely haha!
Not bad but I had room for more
Old 23 Aug 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a good shopping day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

There were a couple of times when we found ourselves wondering what to do next as well, like you say, ridiculous in a city with so much to do! Wow, those salads... expensive, but it looks like you got a lot of food for your money.

Good shopping, especially at B&BW

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
There were a couple of times when we found ourselves wondering what to do next as well, like you say, ridiculous in a city with so much to do! Wow, those salads... expensive, but it looks like you got a lot of food for your money.

Good shopping, especially at B&BW
I think you feel like you should always be doing something to make the most of it!
Expensive but they were good!
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

You had me...at Shake Shack (wipes drool off chin).

And I bought a little hand cream/liquid soap tray thing for the bathroom - OK..I was going to tell you all about it but (JEEZ...April!) - it's probably enough to tell you that you should definitely pick one up next time - so useful.

Oh - My - Goodness! The Million-Dollar Salads! Poor you!

That's interesting (and horrible) about the homeless kids selling stuff on the streets - we didn't see any of that down in the Garment District, but I did notice more people than I've seen in the past sleeping rough, etc...and SO MANY more of those little pop-up tables with a woman behind them selling slices of fruit. One of the many ways that NY feels like Latin America these days...hmm...

And you know I have a son, so I mean this in the most bless-his-heart way possible..."he asked her at Nando's".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
You had me...at Shake Shack (wipes drool off chin).

And I bought a little hand cream/liquid soap tray thing for the bathroom - OK..I was going to tell you all about it but (JEEZ...April!) - it's probably enough to tell you that you should definitely pick one up next time - so useful.

Oh - My - Goodness! The Million-Dollar Salads! Poor you!

That's interesting (and horrible) about the homeless kids selling stuff on the streets - we didn't see any of that down in the Garment District, but I did notice more people than I've seen in the past sleeping rough, etc...and SO MANY more of those little pop-up tables with a woman behind them selling slices of fruit. One of the many ways that NY feels like Latin America these days...hmm...

And you know I have a son, so I mean this in the most bless-his-heart way possible..."he asked her at Nando's".
Aah I loved that evening at shake shack
Haha I must put the soap tray on my list for next time
They were really good salads though and salads probably isn’t the best description, Andy had a full on Indian meal
We trekked for ages looking for the girlfriend present!