Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 May 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile Universal - how busy in September?

I’m very tentatively considering a trip for late August/early September 2020. Not sure how feasible this will be with DD off to uni this year and haven’t even mentioned it to DH yet!

Anyway, the last couple of times we’ve been, we’ve spent the first part of the trip doing Disney and have then moved to RPR for the last few days to do US/IOA.

We all love spending time at RPR and being able to walk to the parks and Citywalk but obviously this comes at a price.

If we were to stay elsewhere, how busy are the parks likely to be. Having had the luxury of FOTL passes on our last trips, I don’t know if we’d feel like we were missing out.

Opinions much appreciated x
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If you avoid Labour day weekend Universal is perfectly doable without FOLP
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,
we're going in September again this year

We were there in sep 2017 and it wasn't very busy in the parks, most were very short wait times or walk on.

We are just hoping this years storm season is as predicted and we don't get caught again in a hurricane. Irma in 2017 was not nice

We are going 3-4th week in sep. again

Edited at 05:24 PM. Reason: adding info
richard29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Monday to Thursdays will be quiet an Universal. Probably the best time to visit. Weekends will still be busy but nowhere near as crowded as Disney
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I visited Universal and Islands of Adventure on a consecutive Sunday/Monday last September and it was really quiet. I was particularly surprised at how quiet Sunday was. All rides were a walk on both days including the Harry Potter biggies - no more than a 10 minute wait for those. I did Escape from Gringotts 3 consecutive times on the Sunday!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I always go in September and the queues have typically been low and the parks relatively quiet.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I always go in September and I have never needed and Express Pass. It's always usually really quiet. You can also go to Horror Nights as it starts in September I love it!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

If you are in either park at 9 a.m in September on a weekday we have found that you can have all the major rides done by midday at the very latest.
Old 27 May 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

We have been twice on site at RPR in August but are going the 10th to the 15th of September this year for the same reason as you. I have consulted some friends who always go in September and they said folp were a waste of money. We are staying at SF and saved £200 a night over rpr.
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We have previously been in September and found the park to be absolutely fine, not overly busy and short wait times for rides.

I think September is a great time to go
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List