Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jun 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We are here just now our intention is to as soon as we’ve used our first fast pass look for aFP for the evening shows simply because fantastic just an example the seating does my back in as do many of the Disney shows seating as it’s bench type
But that’s us
I had thought that, so I am guessing they are generally available for on the day fast passes!?
Hope your having an amazing time.
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We tend to do it for the Lion King and Frozen but that's mainly due to the fact we have used our first 3 and it's just a way of getting in a bit earlier than the standby lines.

However the method in my madness is that whilst I am sat down waiting I am on the phone trying to grab a headliner such as FOP!
Thank you, that was what I was thinking, we have been really lucky with our fast passes so far, and been able to get everything we wanted more than once. we are here for 3 weeks and even on days out of wdw plan to come back to parks for tea (as we are on the QSDP) and to use our fast passes. If on a day we end up not going back will cancel them.
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We don’t use them for shows. A fast pass for a 3pm show will say arrive by 2:50.

If you arrive by 2:50 you will get seated without a fastpass anyway. Although you will be in a different area of the theatre.

Even in august we tend to turn up at shows late and get a seat without a problem.
Great, thank you
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We are here just now our intention is to as soon as we’ve used our first fast pass look for aFP for the evening shows simply because fantastic just an example the seating does my back in as do many of the Disney shows seating as it’s bench type
But that’s us
Our top tip for the uncomfortable benches is seat pads like these -
EVA Foam Foldable Folding Seat Cuchion EVA Pad EVA Kneeler Camping Outdoor Cushion - Blue (Blue) amazon/dp/B00B70MJ..._QE48CbQSWY7Z7

They are a bit bulky but we were doing beauty and beast, Indiana Jones and fantasmic in one afternoon and it was so worth carrying an extra bag for these - our tailbones thanked us!

Also, agree with others that to me a FP is for saving time and a FP for a show doesn’t (you have to arrive early anyway) so we wouldn’t bother. However, we do some of the dining packages with priority seating if it’s a restaurant we want to eat at anyway.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

I read somewhere that the best fastpasses are the ones that don't allow large numbers of people in or on at any one time. So since a show caters for 100's of people it's not a worthy fastpass... however, we have fastpassed shows like Lion King before!

Have a wonderful trip!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have our 3 FPs booked for each day. If we finish the and there is a conveniently timed show with FP availability I might get one "just because I can"

As Tom Morrow says, once you are tagged in you can look for a FP for an actual ride while seated in the theatre.
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The only show I would probably get a fp for in future would be the lion king show, there is a decent amount of seating but because of the way the seating is if your nearer the back it is a bit harder to see.
Shows like nemo, Indiana Jones, frozen you’ll get a decent view from most of the seats really.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

We usually use our three on the rides, then as it gets closer to the show you can usually pick one up then.
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List