Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have just watched this! Looks great fun. I don’t know if I missed it or if he did not mention the price of the build your own droid?
My youngest would enjoy this.
The build your own lightsaber was over $200 yikes!
I think that I read somewhere that the droid price was $99

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

The prices are ridiculous. Ł300 dollars to build a lightsaber and a droid.
$40+ for the drink with a souvenir mug too.

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Agreed, it is pricey ... but to be completely honest I thought the droid was going to be more than $99 ! As it comes with an experience not just an item I thought they would charge more for this.
I’m just looking forward to having a wander in the land itself and seeing all the detail - if I can get in that is 😂
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The basic droid is $99.99, however to get the personality chip in as well is a further $25 I believe, then tax on top. Think a more expensive Build A Bear
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

$99 is better than I thought but still expensive. I will have to try and not let my youngest see this because that would be every penny of his spending money gone lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've watched a couple of You Tube videos. Smugglers Run looks good (hope those who are competitive don't get upset with crew members who can't shoot or pilot) the theming is amazing but there does seem to be an awful lot of shops. DFB were underwhelmed by the food on offer. Was dreading the crowds but with the early opening for resort guests it might not be too bad

Edited at 12:38 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It looks very well organised from Tim's video, but that was a media preview so will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the month when the reservation system ends. Chaos I expect!
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The build your own lightsaber was over $200 yikes!
It costs $199.99 to build your own lightsaber. I suppose it'll be over $200 once you add tax though.

TBH, I didn't think it was that bad a price. The hilt, pommel, and guard are made of metal. It has a sound chip in it. The blade colour can change depending on the kyber crystal. Plus you get to customise it yourself and the whole interactive experience lasts over 30 minutes. And, of course, it's in a theme park where prices are also higher (like all tthe food, drinks, cuddly toys, etc).

Something similar from somewhere like Saberforge or Ultrasaber costs around $150 or more. So $200 isn't unreasonable (YMMV).

Of course, my wife would would say it's a waste of $200. Mind you, she thinks the cheap $30 plastic lightsaber I bought the last time I visited was a waste of money.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

If you are a died hard Star Wars fan I think people will be saving their pennies!

Interested to see the attraction that hasn’t opened yet too.

Also noticed DFB underwhelmed with food too as PP said. Think they have put most of their focus on theming rather than taste.
I for one am very excited about the drinks on offer! 😋 not sure I’ll be buying the $40 one though !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Watched Tim's Disneyland vlog with the droid. The whole place looks amazing! My only concern would be getting the droid home, hand luggage or in suitcase?
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List