Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squish View Post
Interesting! I still don’t know if i’m going to be brave enough to ride it
It's a family coaster so no upside down. Just plenty of launches and twists and turns.
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by monique View Post
I can't remember Universal having wifi... or am wrong? I just remember being there and not having any connection on my phone and refusing to turn on my roaming data... Is this still the case or am I confused? Will be expensive to do if I have to use my roaming data as clearly I will need to make sure I can access the app... again, maybe I'm wrong.
Yes there is and it is a far better app than Disney and much better wifi coverage.
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

We have 2 day FOLP for Universal. How will it effect us? Will we still need to queue or do we still get FOLP?

ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ruddian View Post
We have 2 day FOLP for Universal. How will it effect us? Will we still need to queue or do we still get FOLP?

I have the same question, although I suspect the answer is that FOLP will not apply to this ride just yet.

Also, say we book our time on the app when we go to the park first thing, can we go back to our hotel (HRH) in the middle of the day and then return, or will the app know that we've left the park and cancel our queue spot?

And I was planning on going on our first evening (not flight day, just Universal arrival day) but I would imagine with this system all of the virtual queue spots for the day will have been taken by the time we arrive around 3-4pm?
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ruddian View Post

They have said on the twitter announcement in the replies that there is no express pass at this time and will not give a time of when it will have.
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Glad there’s no express pass to be honest. I’d envisage every man and his dog using the free passes, or buying them, and the main queue would take forever.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I’m part of a Facebook group where the admins are pretty clued up on universal. The way it sounds from their explanation is that the virtual queue is to stop lines being FOP busy where they’re queued far away from the attraction. Essentially when you get your slot you’ll have to come back and at that point start waiting in a proper queue - which could be a few hours long...
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’m part of a Facebook group where the admins are pretty clued up on universal. The way it sounds from their explanation is that the virtual queue is to stop lines being FOP busy where they’re queued far away from the attraction. Essentially when you get your slot you’ll have to come back and at that point start waiting in a proper queue - which could be a few hours long...
Oh that sounds horrible, but makes sense
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone have any thoughts how the Virtual Queue will work with FOLP (I assume these will not work) and Parent Swap? We will be a family of 5, 4 of whom will want to ride but youngest DD almost certainly not!

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Still just a rumour. Where is this "official" blog? Cant seem to find it anywhere.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List