Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 10, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Im a size 18 / 20 and fit onto everything ok. I did worry before I went, but I saw some people who were double my size fitting on the rides! I did see someone getting asked to leave 'The Mummy' - he was about 7 ft high and 5 ft wide and the harness simply did not go over him - but he was a very large chap. That was the only problem I saw. Please try not to worry
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Im sure DW Mel will not mind me sharing this...

Test seat for Kraken

Really - you are going to "SuperSize Me!" Land. It will NOT be a problem for you
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Only got a few things to say on this, i'm a size 16-18 myself and if there is anywhere in the world you can go and not feel conscious of your size or worry about fitting in things... its america... i never ever ever go sleeveless in this country... doesn't bother me in Orlando... feel average It's great

You will be fine and will have a great time.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post
If we're all not too 'shy' - I know i would feel a bit self conscious at first but if there were lots of people willing to participate, I'd be more than happy to post a 'ride guide'/comments for those of us more cuddly than others!

Via PM - If you want to send your proportions (chest waist hips height) and your ride experience (could you ride/tricks to fitting in the ride/level of comfort during the ride etc) I'd be more than happy to compile a list of info - no names would be used, just stats and comments... I think it would be really helpful as I know for certain I've steered away from certain rides feeling scared that I wouldn't fit and not wanting to face the embarrassment...
I haven't read all the replies Jo but someone had done this (or something silimar) in the past - I don't know if there's still a link to it though.
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I am size 16/18 and would'nt be seen dead in shorts or short sleeve tops over here but the freedom to be able to walk (waddle) around over there is very liberating, don't worry you will be skinny compared to most americans and no you won't have any ride issues either.

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I haven't read all the replies Jo but someone had done this (or something silimar) in the past - I don't know if there's still a link to it though.
That thread is "elsewhere"

We could do with something here on the DIBB me thinks.
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post

I read it on the dibb - where is this 'elsewhere' place? Is it a secret club!
Old 3 Mar 10, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Here are previous DIBB threads on it...

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=356619
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=278373
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=334937

Old 3 Mar 10, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink-a-bee View Post
That is a fab idea and I would be happy to share my experiences (and vital statistics!)
Originally Posted by lynneandnick View Post
great idea!
Thanks - just send me a pm if you can with the info that would be great!

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post

haha already setting up the file James, have had some great replies, will post when I have a few more then can keep adding to it! I think it would be really handy to have a comprehensive list with most of the rides included, what type of restraint is used, whether it was possible to ride and how comfy (or not) it was! My cousin is the same 'size' as me, but not the same shape - consequently there have been rides that I can get on and she cannot and vice versa so I think using 'vital stats' is a better gauge than general size.

Edited at 07:03 PM.
Old 3 Mar 10, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I read it on the dibb - where is this 'elsewhere' place? Is it a secret club!
I read it too Heather but it was through a link and I think we deserve our own Dibb Guide!
Closed Thread