Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Cruising out of Miami

Well the flights are booked for next year now. Looks like we will be sailing on Carnival's Breeze, which sails out of Miami.

The flights go into MCO, so plan on a cheap hotel stay one night and then either drive down to Miami, or take a flight.

Anyone have any experience of the drive down. I know we will be wide awake at silly o'clock.

We are flying on points, so hence not being able to fly in directly to Miami. Plus Disney is a lot cheaper our second week, so hopefully now staying at the Yacht club again. It means I will have to postpone my DCL cruise again.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Well the flights are booked for next year now. Looks like we will be sailing on Carnival's Breeze, which sails out of Miami.

The flights go into MCO, so plan on a cheap hotel stay one night and then either drive down to Miami, or take a flight.

Anyone have any experience of the drive down. I know we will be wide awake at silly o'clock.

We are flying on points, so hence not being able to fly in directly to Miami. Plus Disney is a lot cheaper our second week, so hopefully now staying at the Yacht club again. It means I will have to postpone my DCL cruise again.
I have driven it down twice its a long way I recall about four or five hours, good news generally one road the Florida turnpike, it has tolls but not frequent as it goes through a lot if swampland and no turnoffs, typical Florida road, flat, and to be honest quite biting, we had a stop one place but there isn't too many stops, care in Miami you can drive into the wrong place quite easy, stick to main roads and also a set route. A local saw us and told us you do not want to drive that way, go this way.

Have a satnav but you can't really get lost it's just the one road, you can pick up the turnpike at sand like road.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

drive to Miami

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post

We have made the drive and decided to take the Florida Turnpike a pleasant drive and not over expensive with the tolls.
The other time we went out the 528 to I95 and down. ON most days the turnpike has less traffic than I95
Brian
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Sounds good ... Our friend lives in Miami, you may see her if you visit any of the adult dancing clubs! She's just 5ft tall but has had 3 ops to 'enhance her assets'!
You won't miss her if you do see her out and about on her motorbike!
Old 21 Sep 13, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Sounds good ... Our friend lives in Miami, you may see her if you visit any of the adult dancing clubs! She's just 5ft tall but has had 3 ops to 'enhance her assets'!
You won't miss her if you do see her out and about on her motorbike!
Eh?

its about 4-5 hours and as has been said pretty boring!

You wont actually get into Miami as the port is north of the city - its pretty well signposted and shouldnt cause you any worries in finding it.

Theres loads of parking when you get there.

Or you can fly - there are shuttle busses from the airport to the port
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread