Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 02, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
crumblesmum
Very Serious Dibber

Reading a previous post made me realise I wasn't the only person on the planet that didn't really like Fantasmic.
I'm not really into watching the parades much either and I found TOD (sorry Steve) boring  .
I love most of the shows though like Lion King, Little Mermaid ect.
I don't like to spend time watching the parades, although Specto magic is amazing.
I wish the Indiana Jones show would change it's format too.
What parades and shows do you like and dislike?
Old 27 Jul 02, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Karen - just off the top of my head as I'm sure to forget some!

Loved : Spectromagic, MSEP, Illuminations, Tapestry of Dreams - cried through all of them the first time! Oh yes, and I loved MVMCP - brilliant night!

Liked - Fantasmic, but have only seen it once.

Not too keen on the new parade in MGM - Cavalcade of Stars & cars (or whatever its called) but loved the old Mulan parade.

The only shows I was bored watching have been Tarzan Rocks and (sorry everyone . ) but The Lion King in AK - ducks for cover! I loved the Lion King Show in the MK though.

BBL no doubt with more! .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 02, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Me again! .

I forgot about the MK ones! .

Loved: Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks and Remember the Magic.

I love the new snowglobe parade in the MK (cannot remember it's name) but wish it was longer as it seems to be over far too quickly.
Old 28 Jul 02, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Chick
Trying for More Ears

Loved Fantasmic and Illuminations, we all thought Tarzan Rocks in AK wasn't up to much though.

Agree with you about the Indiana Jones thing, it's a great show but it's probably time for a change

Trish   .
Chick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 02, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hi Karen  .

It's amazing the big differences in people's perception of things - that's why Orlando is SO amazing I suppose - there really is something for everyone.
To me, the Tapestry of Dreams parade really stirred up some deep down emotions. I am very musical (perhaps more so than your average punter), and I found the music, the colours, the shapes, the sheer enthusiasm of the cast members and the wonderful costumes - totally overwhelming.
But I can quite see it's not for everyone. Perhaps timing of when you see things may have something to do with it, some people are more receptive at different times of the day or even at different days of the holiday.
Also, Tarzan Rocks - now I've heard a lot of people say they didn't think much of it - we ALL loved it.

I can honestly say, that the Orlando holiday has certainly changed me. I loved it there  .

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 02, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

As a first time visitor to WDW we were blown away by the quality and professionalism of the shows and parades.  We liked them all but our favourite was Tapestry of Dreams.  As for shows my DD(3) loved Beauty and the Beast.  Seeing Tinkerbell fly from Cinderella's castle and the fireworks were another magical memory too. .  .
Old 29 Jul 02, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

To be honest me and Nic like all the fireworks.

Not in to singing and dancing so shows are out.  Not impressed by Fantasmic and found TOD very sickbag worthy.  But its good that people also find these amazing and like steve said we are all so different.  Good thing is me and Nic are the same.

Even if I don't like the parades and shows I can appreciate all the effort and detail that goes in to them.  And with us not watching that 2 places for other people.
Closed Thread