Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 14, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

Want to do what I want ,not be dictated to by fast passes ridiculous idea 😞
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

You don't have to be dictated by fastpass ,Just turn up at the park and queue the old fashioned way. IMHO the new fastpass makes the experiance 10 times better
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
You don't have to be dictated by fastpass ,Just turn up at the park and queue the old fashioned way. IMHO the new fastpass makes the experiance 10 times better
Agreed. If you don't want to use it or to plan ahead when and where you'll be on a certain day and time then don't.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
If people don't like it then they wont go.

If you don't like the film don't go to the cinema.

Disney 332
And for everyone that doesn't go there will be another that does.
Plus ca change!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
Are you the official Disney spokesperson?

1. You cannot dictate to me what I can and can't do. Thank You.
2. I don't think there is a minority in this……….
3. We have a saying in the Armed Forces that would suit your last post perfectly but I acknowledge this is a family orientated forum.
4. Please take off your Disney-tinted glasses and try and see reality………..not everyone likes Fastpass +…..accept that.

G
1 I'm not

2 I do

3 ?

4 I think most people do

Disney 332
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree with the op in some way. They were testing this last time we went and it was chaos. On another note it Must be very disappointing travelling on a trip of A lifetime to discover you needed to book something 30 days before that your 5 year old really wanted to do and no one told you! The whole world doesn't live on the dibb, so not everyone is aware how disney works. A friend of mine is going next year and they know nothing about all this. Thomsons who they have booked with have not explained it all either . I have helped them but can only help so much as I have only seen the chaos last year when the machines were removed and the bands not ready or working. Even I'm not sure what we want to do on what days and we've been before.
They find it completely alien having to decide what ride to go on on a certain day without ever stepped foot in the USA before let alone a disney park. They are having to rely on YouTube videos to decide what they want to do! Add on all the other things they want to cram in and their head is spinning . She said she feels overwhelmed by it all and regrets booking it so yes it can have many negatives without ever visiting ( or did you forget what it was like the first tome you went? ) . I'm trying to reassure her it will all be worth it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I agree with the op in some way. They were testing this last time we went and it was chaos. On another note it Must be very disappointing travelling on a trip of A lifetime to discover you needed to book something 30 days before that your 5 year old really wanted to do and no one told you! The whole world doesn't live on the dibb, so not everyone is aware how disney works. A friend of mine is going next year and they know nothing about all this. Thomsons who they have booked with have not explained it all either . I have helped them but can only help so much as I have only seen the chaos last year when the machines were removed and the bands not ready or working. Even I'm not sure what we want to do on what days and we've been before.
They find it completely alien having to decide what ride to go on on a certain day without ever stepped foot in the USA before let alone a disney park. They are having to rely on YouTube videos to decide what they want to do! Add on all the other things they want to cram in and their head is spinning . She said she feels overwhelmed by it all and regrets booking it so yes it can have many negatives without ever visiting ( or did you forget what it was like the first tome you went? ) . I'm trying to reassure her it will all be worth it .
First time I went they didn't have FP. You just q'd for the rides you wanted...

What's to stop people doing this?

Also, even with the old FP system then if you haven't been before and / or done any planning... Then how would you know you need to rush to TSM to get a FP before they run out for the day... In some way FP+ Would then Give you more freedom.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I was sceptical before we went in July. I have to say we loved it. We booked our fastpasses in advance but still did plenty without fastpass. We still went to our chosen park early, did what we wanted and then used our fastpasses late morning, early afternoon.

I really liked it for booking fastpasses for early evening. We did rope drop then used our fastpasses on the mountains in magic kingdom just as it got dark, fab...
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I think some of it depends on the park you visit. We struggled with FP each time we went to HS and I wasn't keen. Epcot was fine but we went on 2 days and planned in advance to ensure we got FPs for the headliners. TBH the non-headliner rides at Epcot don't need FP anyway. AK we chopped and changed on the day with the iPad and that worked really well. With MK we had two days planned in advance at 60 days and got 7DMT both days, and then one MK day where we booked the FPs on the day and got all that we wanted (7DMT not available). This was all at peak time in August. So a mixed bag really, but on the whole i liked FP+ more than not. But then I like all the planning.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Attitude23
Apprentice Imagineer

We are here now. I made FP+ at 30 days, but we've still been really flexible and have managed to change FP the day before or even on the day to suit our mood.

I could never stick to a plan I made weeks before we arrived, but for us, FP+ allows us to relax in a morning yet still do the popular attractions. We could never have done that the old way for things like TSM or 7DMT.

It isn't perfect, but then neither was the old fast pass system, I do think it works better for us, but can understand for some it doesn't. Unfortunately I don't think whatever system Disney put in place would ever suit everyone.
Attitude23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread