Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrews Dad
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to trying it this year, it was only in test on our second trip last year.

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Andrews Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tink77
Imagineer

I'm reserving judgement for now, I am liking the idea in principle but will report back once I have actually tested it.

I am liking the fact that I know I can ride 3 of the rides I really want to each day with minimal queueing, I'm not liking the fact that Toy story mania is FP+ only at the moment. I had planned on heading there for rope drop and riding and then riding using my FP+ later on in the day
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes I agree, as an offite guest visiting in peak time (August) it was a chaotic farce and therefore I agree it should be dubbed farcepass plus.

We wont be paying to visit again anytime soon.

And I actually pity anyone going at Xmas or Easter who isnt staying onsite.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Do fast passes actually need to be used, do the queues really get that bad around end of November and December?

When I've been previously 20-30 min wait for the main attractions which was reasonable as your in the park all day.

So does booking fastpasses really make much difference ?
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SandyW
Excited about Disney

I was very sceptical about this new system - but not a huge fan of the old paper fast pass either - having to do a dash at opening for TSM was a real pain, especially as it is such a narrow area. By 11:00 most days, all passes had gone.

We've always pencilled in which days we would visit parks, and yes it was a pain booking at silly o'clock in the morning every day (off site - but still wouldn't make me stay on site!).

However, it worked great for our group - 4 adults and a toddler. We spaced them well so we could experience other attractions and then booked additional passes. This can be a problem as some Fp+ kiosks are very badly managed - the one in Frontierland in MK springs to mind.

My reservation with the system is as a previous poster remarked - if you've never been to WDW you don't know what to go on! And looking at some stand by queues people had either badly managed their choices or were unaware that Fast passes for that ride were currently available. I know someone going in October half term and I spoke to them about the FastPass system -" oh yes, we've got them included with our tickets" - no one had exlplained that they needed to pre book them.

We've been here for a month in what was usually a quiet time - I have never seen the parks so busy, just turning up ad hoc without Fast Passes would have been very disappointing.

Edited at 10:22 PM.
SandyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We were there in July and loved FP+! We were staying onsite so got 7DMT and A&E no problem for our first day. But our plans totally changed after that as late nights took their toll on my kids so they slept later than I thought!
I changed all our other FP for the rest of our hols, usually the night before, with no problems. Always got the rides we wanted so for us it worked great. We did those 3 rides, the usually a couple of shows which didn't need FP and maybe queued for some of the less busy rides. So don't agree with the onsite thing considering most of ours were booked the night before!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mixed opinion as I sort of expected.
I think the introduction of technology like the My Disney Experience app was inevitable, but wifi dropping out and having to keep signing in added to the pain.
We are reasonably experienced visitors (10 trips) and having to plan ahead removed some fun. .. And key rides like the mine train and toy story mania were totally booked out.

I didn't that warm fuzzy feeling in the parks this time and the app and fast passes definitely contributed to that.

As someone had proudly mentioned, there are other options in florida and we have already started looking at alternative lotions that don't include disney parks. And that's from someone with 10 trips and a marriage at WDW!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Worked for us. We went in August. We have never been rope drop types and so had never been on TSM or Soarin' as all fast passes had gone by the time we got there. This time we rode both attractions twice in our 7 night stay, plus others we either decided on in advance or changed to on the day.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I actually thought it was really good and I was a bit skeptical beforehand. I also felt that it was still pretty flexible. Although I had booked in advance I was able to make changes on the day. For some reason I hadn't pre-booked any fastpasses for my last 2 days, a quick visit to guest services at MK on the day and they sorted me with fastpasses for all 3 of the rides I was looking for, for that day and the next.

I also didn't have any issues with wifi in the parks, worked like a dream, which maybe wasn't so good as I was making all my friends jealous by posting all my movements and food on facebook. x
Old 7 Oct 14, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by rascal1003 View Post
Mixed opinion as I sort of expected.
I think the introduction of technology like the My Disney Experience app was inevitable, but wifi dropping out and having to keep signing in added to the pain.
We are reasonably experienced visitors (10 trips) and having to plan ahead removed some fun. .. And key rides like the mine train and toy story mania were totally booked out.

I didn't that warm fuzzy feeling in the parks this time and the app and fast passes definitely contributed to that.

As someone had proudly mentioned, there are other options in florida and we have already started looking at alternative lotions that don't include disney parks. And that's from someone with 10 trips and a marriage at WDW!
Certainly mixed opinions, however, I would suggest more so in favour of the new system.

Shame it didn't work for yourself, and I am sure you are not the only one... It is not going to work out for all people, as the original FP didn't.

But as you say... Many other things to do in Florida