Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 02, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

We have just returned from a 7 night trip to DLP. It was our first visit and we stayed at the New York hotel.  I think 7 nights was to long, we tried going for 5, but the trains were full so we had to stay 7 nights.

The hotel was really nice, the rooms were a decent size and facilities were very good.   I would have prefered the Newport Bay, but since we were doing it on DVC points that was only hotel with availability.  

I was impressed by the parks and the studios turned out to be our favourit.  My 8 year said that she prefered Florida, but it was alright!  We enjoyed all the attractions at the studios and did some off them a couple of times.  

I thought the food was good value for money, counter service, and better qaulity than WDW.  We like the pizza at Bella Notte, it was better than anything at WDW.  Great ribs at the cowboy cookout and tasty sandwiches at the New York Deli.  We stuck to a budget for food 50 Euro's a day.  We didn't eat in any full service resturants, but used the counter service ones instead.  This worked out well for our 2 year old and our pockets.  

The only thing that was difficult was the milk.  Our 2 year old drank it, but then was badley effected by it.  You can only get long life and it tasted and smelt terrible.  We had to stop her drinking it in the end.  She was very good about it, but moaned a bit at night time.    I would suggest taking powdered milk.  The other thing is the water, it tasted terrible and the bottled water was expensive.  We were spending about £10 a day on water.  We ended up borrowing a kettle and boiling water to drink!  It then tasted ok, and you got it free!  

I haven't done a trip report, but if there are any questions I will try to answer them.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 02, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Glad you had a good time .
Old 6 Sep 02, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Did the French language in the Studios make it difficult to enjoy/understand anything?
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 02, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

AlisonB

I had no problem understanding them.  Most shows were in French and English.  If a show was in French only they provided headphones/overhead monitors that translated the show into your chosen language.  It was all very cleverly done.  You will not be dissapointed in any of the shows.  I wasn't expecting much and was pleasently surprised.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread