Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by McPurple View Post
I'm a big wimp when it comes to rollercoasters but having lost a significant amount of weight recently and looking for new challenges, my daughter convinced me to try Hulk this year. Can't say I loved it but I rode it 4 times. Need to find a new challenge for next year now as it looks like Hulk won't be open in June. Suspect I'll be dragged on to Dragon's Challenge... Eek!
Dragon challenge is great but a bit of a bone rattler. Try to have a go on Rip Ride Rockit at Universal - it's awesome and looks more daunting than it is! Also try Revenge Of The Mummy for an absolute thriller!

Back to the Hulk - I can't ever imagine sections of track being replaced by parts manufactured by another company. Surely the work will be completed by B&M to ensure 100% compatibility?
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Read this. Nothing to worry about m.orlandoweekly/Blogs/arc...-and-mabillard
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

I really wish people would stop freaking out and spreading false information XD
It is staying The Hulk, end of story people!
It is getting a full retracking, new trains, queue redo etc. The only thing i'm not sure of is if they are keeping the exact same track layout or not.

I'm not long back from Orlando and it was so sad not hearing the roar and the screams or being able to ride! But I know it'll be back next time I go
For people wondering about the date it will reopen, you'll be waiting a looooong time for anything specific on that

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Anymore news or updates ?
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Saw this on facebook today
bizjournals/orlando/b...s-coaster.html
the bit that concerns me is where it states
which is getting a new storyline, ride vehicles and track designs
Sounds to me like they are building it as a new ride, perhaps (unless I'm reading too much into "track designs") dueling?

Sadly the hulk as we know it appears to have gone for good
I really hope I'm wrong but...
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Time to start duelling again with the new security measures. It really is the ride and something I can still remember from 15 years ago!

Can't see the Hulk changing in track layout. Not ever sure how'd you improve it. I think getting rid of the square wheels would have been enough

Or for Gwazi, the square track
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 15, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

people i spoke to in the park etc...reckon it is down for a whole year from when they closed it, awful long time for just maintenance, so maybe some truth in the new track etc...However it was perfect as was imo
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
What date did the ride close at again ? I've forgot
Old 14 Dec 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
superchris84
Having Dinner with Goofy

[QUOTE=SmilingSammie;11084958]I really wish people would stop freaking out and spreading false information XD
It is staying The Hulk, end of story people!
It is getting a full retracking, new trains, queue redo etc. The only thing i'm not sure of is if they are keeping the exact same track layout or not.
QUOTE]

Smiling Sammie, just saw this and assume it was aimed at me. Just wanted to point out that I wasn't spreading false information as such, just that it was a strong rumour from screamscape so thought I'd bring it to the discussion. As it turns out it was later confirmed to be a false rumour, possibly as a way to search out a leak, which in itself is interesting as they look to be keeping something secret!
I am still eagerly anticipating exactly what they're doing with this ride as it is/was one of my favourites. Won't be going again until at least late 2017 so hopefully should all be finished by then!
Old 14 Dec 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
What date did the ride close at again ? I've forgot