Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

Couldn't wait to get off The Mummy.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
The Thornes
Getting Excited

Think I've been out just about every ride and the only one I'll never try again is Dr Doom.

But they do say 'never say never'
2014 Rosen Pointe Orlando
2017 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Sports resort - Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Music - Hard Rock Hotel
2022 Rosen Pointe Orlando -Pop Century - Hard Rock Hotel
2023 Portofino Bay
The Thornes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
You can definitely feel the Gs on EE at some points. BTMRR doesn't compare to be honest, not in terms of it being scary

Tiki room... sacrilege I hear you can take your food in now too
Yes I always take some stale bread with me but the parrots don't seem to be interested

I've thrown a few chunks of raw meat to the lions on Jungle Cruise as well but I've never seen them go for it

Mick
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

The simpsons felt sick for ages after kids loved it though wish i had left hubby to go on his own with them. Oh he also felt sick both of us love rollarcoasters though
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

I cried on the cable car that used to run between Tomorrowland and fantasyland at MK. I begged to be let off half way across but wasn't allowed to!
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Couldn't wait to get off The Mummy.
The Mummy is surprisingly intense at certain points, more so because of the theming and darkness etc. One of my favourite rides.

Originally Posted by The Thornes View Post
Think I've been out just about every ride and the only one I'll never try again is Dr Doom.
Doom is such a good ride, and again it's a lot more intense than people expect. I think it takes a few goes to get used to it. Even though people don't believe me, it's actually worse than Slingshot.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes I always take some stale bread with me but the parrots don't seem to be interested

I've thrown a few chunks of raw meat to the lions on Jungle Cruise as well but I've never seen them go for it
Mick

It must be terrific for children who really do believe it's all real. Also the characters at the meet and greets.

Jungle Cruise is so dependent on the CM, and mostly they are bored to tears and they ruin it. It's rare to get one who makes it work as well as it could be.

Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
The simpsons felt sick for ages after kids loved it though wish i had left hubby to go on his own with them. Oh he also felt sick both of us love rollarcoasters though
That's the thing, you can be perfectly okay on an extreme coaster but feel really ill on a simulator. Brain doesn't like the mismatch of movement to the visuals. Apparently it's because the brain believes you have been poisoned and must therefore jettison the poison, i.e. vomit.

Originally Posted by Leelsisy View Post
I cried on the cable car that used to run between Tomorrowland and fantasyland at MK. I begged to be let off half way across but wasn't allowed to!
I really miss that cable car

Edited at 10:40 AM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

None so far in Orlando. But my 3 year old DS was desperate to ride on an old fashioned ferris wheel at Carfest South this year. I was terrified and he thought it was the funniest thing ever!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
None so far in Orlando. But my 3 year old DS was desperate to ride on an old fashioned ferris wheel at Carfest South this year. I was terrified and he thought it was the funniest thing ever!
I remember going on an old fashioned Ferris wheel about 35 years ago (at the Town & Country Festival on Stoneleigh Royal Showground if any Dibbers remember that )

Our DD1, who was around 7 or 8 then, sitting alongside me thought it was great fun to rock the gondola just as we reached the top. About 5 minutes earlier I'd had a greasy roast pork batch which nearly didn't make it round the complete ride

Mick
Old 27 Oct 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Mission Space Orange, I was not scared to ride it, I was asked if we wanted to do the Green or Orange, I asked what the difference was and was told that Orange is the intense version, I plumped for Orange, but and its a big but, I thought we were going on Spaceship Earth it was me and DH and we had been the previous year with family and had done Spaceship Earth, I thought this was the same ride that we were doing again but an intense version... wrong.
DH kept asking me if I was sure we should be doing intense and I kept assuring him that it will be fine wasn't till we were getting all the warnings on the way round that I doubted my words, by the time we got to the loading bay I realised I must have made a mistake and we were doing a completely different ride and the intense version now I was SCARED ! I didn't have the guts to tell DH so we could back out, we did the ride.
I couldn't look at DH when we got off, I was feeling so ill and knew how he must be feeling, he doesn't do any thrill rides, no coasters or spinny rides, his limit is some water rides, the people mover, get my drift ?
We didn't speak for ten minutes we found a bench and sat down to regain our inner guts .never ever again, we laugh about it now but at the time it near on ruined our day.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I have told this story on here before but the first time I went to Orlando was with my parents when I was 14. My Mum is in a wheelchair and has major spine damage. Any bumps or movement are very painful for her and her spine is effectively pinned together.

We were at Hollywood studios (then MGM) and my dead Dad suggested going on the backstage tour. Me (being the sensible, responsible daughter ) said we should check in our disabled visitors guide that it was suitable for Mum. Dad insisted that it would be fine. After all what is the worst thing that can happen in a backstage tour? Catastrophe Canon of course! ha ha

My poor Mum! She survived. Dad felt terrible.

It did turn out to be one of the most memorable bits of our trip. We never let him forget it and my Mum and I still talk about it now.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread