Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My first trip with my son was for a week. You come back exhausted whatever amount of time you go for

I'd definitely do a week again.
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

We're doing a cheeky week in June (& have done several one week visits in the past... plus a mad 4 day visit just to ride Mako last September... the Immigration Officer in November commented "you were only here for 4 days on your last visit - do you work for the airline?"

We just take it easy (as we have done all the rides in Florida - Volcano Bay will be the new one for us in June. It'll be a non-Disney week, just doing Universal (x3) and SeaWorld / Aquatica / Busch.

As above we take it easy, get up at a not too leisurely hour, but are not leaning on park entrances for opening time / rope-drops. We never spend a full day in any park - will do a few hours in one to cherry pick the good rides, then go to another via somewhere for lunch / an outlet mall. We find this breaks the day up quite nicely - you're not standing in queues all day and you get some respite from the heat (which will be hot in June... with afternoon rain no doubt).

We like our approach as we go home feeling we have done a lot, but are not wanting another few days off work for a rest to recover!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Price up he cost of a single day admission on current exchange rates and MK may became a little more resistible. That money might be better spent doing a character meal at one one of the hotels insteAd if you think you'll need a Disney fix
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mizza40
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by lljm View Post
Sorry to jump in, but was so glad to hear all the positive posts! We go on the 4th April for 8 nights only doing universal, gatorland and some shopping, by the sounds of things this will be plenty- on the count down now!
We go 4th April too 😀😀
Mizza40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Love to do 14 days but have done just 7 on two occasions. Works fine especially if just doing Universal
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Price up he cost of a single day admission on current exchange rates and MK may became a little more resistible. That money might be better spent doing a character meal at one one of the hotels insteAd if you think you'll need a Disney fix
Would I not need Disney park tickets to have a meal at one of the hotels?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Last year did 21 nights.dh left me out of the blue in January so I have booked 7 nights in hard rock hotel October this year.just doing universal and Hhn.will it be exhausting...yes ...but a lot of fun too 😀😀
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We've done a couple of just Universal weeks May 2016 was the most recent, I've done a trip report, my daughter was 10.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Mrsp80 View Post
No tickets needed to visit disney hotels, boardwalk or disney springs.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrsp80 View Post
No they aren't inside the parks so admission not required.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List