Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Sep 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We always leave $4 tip
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
usually leave $1 per person at buffet places if they have cleared plates etc sometimes round up to $5 (for the 3 of us) if exceptional service - put it into perspective if you do a disney buffet they expect a 18-20% tip for doing the exact same thing (and sometimes a lot less)

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
usually leave $1 per person at buffet places if they have cleared plates etc sometimes round up to $5 (for the 3 of us) if exceptional service - put it into perspective if you do a disney buffet they expect a 18-20% tip for doing the exact same thing (and sometimes a lot less)
I was thinking exactly the same thing myself! No more 18-20% at Disney buffets for us,I would rather leave more for the served at somewhere like STs.
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
$1 per plate or $2 if good service
There's no way I'm tipping $50 for a buffet!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
There's no way I'm tipping $50 for a buffet!
Is that 50 platesworth of poor service or 25 platesworth of good service? Or a mixture of about 17 salad plates, 17 soup bowls and 16 side plates - of poor service.

Twenty years ago I prided myself in doing three plates of hot stuff in Golden Corral then pastries then fruit then cookies. No longer I'm afraid.

Mick
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I usually eave $1 or $2 for each of us depending on how good the servers are. I love ST and we eat in there a lot on holiday.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I leave one dollar, I’m solo and they don’t actually serve !

Sometimes if I’ve been drinking a soft drink, a server will ask toward the end of the meal if I’d like a coffee, which they fetch for me. I leave an extra dollar. I know that’s why they do it but it suits me.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We always leave a tip, but we've always found the servers (or whatever title is appropriate given they don't actually server as such) to be friendly and polite.

We're getting a meal for next-to-nothing and having someone clean our plates away promptly is appreciated by us.

Beyond that, I'm very much aware that we're sitting on the "have" side of the line when it comes to the haves v the have-nots, and if us leaving a few dollars behind helps someone else out a bit, then I think it's the right thing to do.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We were there a few days ago and I left a couple of dollars. I think we only had one plate clearing session and did everything else ourselves (as expected) so it seemed appropriate.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't particularly like Sweet Tomatoes but the staff were extremely friendly and helpful when I went and definitely earned a $5 tip.