Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
I will be in the same position I think August as flight booked from Gatwick. I really don't want to travel. I was hoping we would be able to get a refund but somebody said they can move you to any London airport it isn't classed as a major change for refund. Have you heard anything similar. Obviously I can't contact anyone this far out and wouldn't attempt as other people are priority.
I am not flying until much later in the year - but thought I may have the option to cancel due to the airport change. This was my concern too that they will not class it as a significant change although it is still a change to the departure airport.

Hopefully when they release the schedule for 2021 saturday, they will have got round to updating the flights for this year too so we all know where we stand!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
I will be in the same position I think August as flight booked from Gatwick. I really don't want to travel. I was hoping we would be able to get a refund but somebody said they can move you to any London airport it isn't classed as a major change for refund. Have you heard anything similar. Obviously I can't contact anyone this far out and wouldn't attempt as other people are priority.
No we've not heard a thing, I'm purely hoping. I did have a WhatsApp chat with them and they've just said they can't refund at this point as our flights are still live on their system, we can take open tickets (no good to us as DS won't be coming with next time) or wait until they contact us to discuss our options.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We were due to fly 15th May our flight was cancelled 27th April
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Just to add. We can only go in the summer holidays so the flights for next july are not out yet so it would literally be an open ticket rather than re booking at this stage
We’re in a similar position. There was another thread on here which had a link to the VA website which said VA are releasing all their summer 2021 flights on Saturday 16 May. I’m not able to add a link, I’m not that technical, sorry. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is true.

Edited at 08:56 AM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Shouldnt Virgin be sorting out the refunds and rebooking of cancelled customers before adding to their workload, although i know they will need the deposits on new bookings to pay off everyone else! I wouldnt be looking at their new schedule unless they were seen to be treating existing customers properly. I just dont get the brand loyalty at the moment towards virgin. I think its sad such a good company treats people this way. Colleague at work waiting since march for a refund. Not good enough really.
Old 15 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We are definitely not brand loyal to VA, I am only booking again next year as we have no choice as we currently have an open ticket

We only booked with them for this year as they were our best option airport/price wise. We have never booked with them before.

A few companies have shown themselves up to be very poor on the customer service front during this current situation while others have provided exceptional service in the circumstances. Customers won’t forget this in a hurry and this will inform where they chose to spend their hard earned cash in future, I’m sure.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Shouldnt Virgin be sorting out the refunds and rebooking of cancelled customers before adding to their workload, although i know they will need the deposits on new bookings to pay off everyone else! I wouldnt be looking at their new schedule unless they were seen to be treating existing customers properly. I just dont get the brand loyalty at the moment towards virgin. I think its sad such a good company treats people this way. Colleague at work waiting since march for a refund. Not good enough really.
I tend to agree with this, should they not be focusing on re arranging all the flights for this year before clogging up their website and phones with new bookings for next year. Some flights/holidays booked for this year may need to be re arranged to next year - I can see this turning into a huge mess of over bookings.

I have two sets of flights with them Aug and Nov one from Manchester so rescheduling of aircraft and one from Gatwick so rescheduling of airport and aircraft - its all well and good them getting excited about 2021 but lets sort out 2020 first.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can only assume they have done it so people can rearrange to next year rather than cancelling. It has left a bad taste in my mouth though and if I am given the option I will be cancelling my package from LGW (presumably moved to LHR) because their customer service has been awful throughout this whole process - people waiting for refunds, people travelling soon who cant get hold of Virgin, closure of Gatwick but no further information for people who have already booked flights yet announcing new bookings from next year put that alongside their financial difficulties and I dont trust them!

I dont blame the staff as they are obviously doing the best they can but it is frustrating.
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I can only assume they have done it so people can rearrange to next year rather than cancelling. It has left a bad taste in my mouth though and if I am given the option I will be cancelling my package from LGW (presumably moved to LHR) because their customer service has been awful throughout this whole process - people waiting for refunds, people travelling soon who cant get hold of Virgin, closure of Gatwick but no further information for people who have already booked flights yet announcing new bookings from next year put that alongside their financial difficulties and I dont trust them!

I dont blame the staff as they are obviously doing the best they can but it is frustrating.
I'm with you there and honestly feel sorry for the staff as undoubtedly they will bare the brunt of the problems.

I am totally OK and agree with them enabling those from this year to re book, but I am guessing this will be open for everyone to book a flight/holiday, I'm afraid I do see there been issues with over booking (in terms of flights booking up with no places for those from this year to reschedule) if those from this year are not being given the option to re book if they are still keeping to the 'only contact us if there is x amount of time to your flight'.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

I’m with you guys, our flight is still scheduled to leave on 1st June. My husbands gone offshore today but with no idea whether he can tell his boss he can do a 2 or 3 week hitch thanks to VA. He also has to give 3 weeks notice to cancel any holiday so thanks to the inadequacy of VA we have no chance of going later this year. VAs customer service has been absolutely dire this time

Edited at 10:24 AM. Reason: Sp
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List