Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I've never stayed there but it looks amazing! Have you got any tips?
I haven't stayed in the Orlando Four Seasons unfortunately but have stayed in 2 others in the States so haven't got any tips on that particular one I am afraid.

If its anything like the 2 I have stayed in, you are in for a treat though and it will be magnificent!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Well I'm extra excited for August now as I somehow managed to bag 7 nights at GFV in a 2 bed right at the end of our trip. That resort never comes up this late in the day so I snapped it up the minute I saw it. So we now have 7 nights at each resort starting at the Four Seasons, then moving to a 2 bed at SSR and then finally the 2 bed at GFV.

Also booked our car hire yesterday, used Virgin Holidays (Alamo) as they were so much cheaper which is never normally the case. Alamo Brits are extortionate at the moment!

Got everything crossed that Boris and Biden let us travel by then! 🤞🏼

Hope everyone is still enjoying all the planning, we have to keep the faith that we'll all be out there in a few more months! 🤗
That trip sounds amazing!,we are doing a split stay,10 nights at the grove and 11 nights in a 2 bed at the boardwalk,you are right,theres barely any availability,glad we got something at 7 months out.fingers crossed we get to go
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Has everyone going in August booked their park days at Seaworld and Busch Gardens? If you're going there.

I know Disney is still reservations until the end of the year but didn't realise Seaworld parks would be too! We haven't booked any yet!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Has everyone going in August booked their park days at Seaworld and Busch Gardens? If you're going there.

I know Disney is still reservations until the end of the year but didn't realise Seaworld parks would be too! We haven't booked any yet!
Thanks for the question cos I haven't thought much about that yet.

I'll be doing Universal, Busch, Aquatica, Seaworld and maybe discovery cove. I was going to get a combo ticket nearer departure date as I'm not sure if they are refundable. Hadn't even considered the need to reserve.

Looks like I needs to do some research!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Yeah i’ve booked my days for Busch gardens and seaworld for September - same with disney.

Figured better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them 🤷🏻
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post

We’ve booked our Disney days for August.
I didn’t realise you had to book for anywhere else.
We’re only doing Disney this time though.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

I've not booked Seaworld yet as I don't know what the cancellation policy is.
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’m still trying to grab DVC rooms as people cancel them. It was fun to start with but now I’m sick of searching the same dates with nothing coming up!

We have GFV booked, BCV and will book SSR as well (plenty of availability still at SSR so can leave that until nearer the time).

We looked at getting a villa but the car hire costs were extortionate for a 7 seater so booking a Disney hotel direct would be cheaper. Crazy!

I flip between being excited and worrying about the travel announcements (testing for 6 of us will be very costly).
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I’m still trying to grab DVC rooms as people cancel them. It was fun to start with but now I’m sick of searching the same dates with nothing coming up!

We have GFV booked, BCV and will book SSR as well (plenty of availability still at SSR so can leave that until nearer the time).

We looked at getting a villa but the car hire costs were extortionate for a 7 seater so booking a Disney hotel direct would be cheaper. Crazy!

I flip between being excited and worrying about the travel announcements (testing for 6 of us will be very costly).
DVC availability seems to be very static at the moment doesn't it. I was so surprised when a week at GFV popped up that I grabbed it quick as I knew it would go in seconds!

Have you looked art Virgin Holidays for car hire? They seem to be the cheapest at the moment.
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

DVC availability seems to be very static at the moment doesn't it. I was so surprised when a week at GFV popped up that I grabbed it quick as I knew it would go in seconds!

Have you looked art Virgin Holidays for car hire? They seem to be the cheapest at the moment.
I did the same, grabbed a week at GFV and was really surprised. Just trying to book the last night there at the moment. I’ve got it waitlisted but in the past I have been more successful grabbing the rooms myself.

I will have a look at Virgin for car hire and see what the prices are like. Can you cancel easily if we are banned from travelling?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List