Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

We fly to Jamaica 3rd July for 2 weeks and then continue to Florida for 4 weeks before flying home. We are really looking forward to the Jamaica part of the trip and have a great all inclusive resort booked.

Hevfev, when you enter the US you still need an ESTA. Multiple people have reported that their ESTA was cancelled when they did online check-in before their flight to the US. The recommendation is to check-in at the airport. Also you need to have been in the bridge country for 14 full days, don't count your arrival day.

Also make sure you get travel insurance that covers the trip.

Hope you get it sorted.

Jonathan

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
We fly to Jamaica 3rd July for 2 weeks and then continue to Florida for 4 weeks before flying home. We are really looking forward to the Jamaica part of the trip and have a great all inclusive resort booked.

Hevfev, when you enter the US you still need an ESTA. Multiple people have reported that their ESTA was cancelled when they did online check-in before their flight to the US. The recommendation is to check-in at the airport. Also you need to have been in the bridge country for 14 full days, don't count your arrival day.

Also make sure you get travel insurance that covers the trip.

Hope you get it sorted.

Jonathan
So stay 15 nights to be compliant?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Yes stay 15 days.

On my flight from Cancun to USA met 3 women (not together) who had been refused entry to USA previous day and had to return to Cancun and fly next day as immigration guy said 14 clear days not 14 days by 24 hour clock.

Luckily they had enough pesos to pay for overnight accommodation.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
So stay 15 nights to be compliant?
Yes that's what I have done with my booking. I read a few people who did 14 nights and were refused boarding. Others have been ok but I just don't want to worry about it for 2 weeks!

So one more night in paradise

Jonathan

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by oceanscape View Post
Mexico City is a great choice. We are in Cabo (1hr30 internal flight from Mexico City) right now. Most people on our London to Mexico flight said they were doing 14 days to get into USA for holidays or to see family. ZERO entry requirements for Mexico, don’t even need a test! And it’s beautiful and safe with low case numbers, high vaccination rate and excellent covid protocols. Go for it! Sick and tired of being locked up in the UK when the rest of the world is out there travelling again. We have been fully vaccinated for months, so very fortunate. The flight attendants on the BA flight were so genuine when thanking everyone for travelling again, for some it was their first flight after 14 months of furlough! The industry is being destroyed.

Even if they don't require a test people should still get one before traveling so they aren't potentially spreading variants to other countries. I don't really agree with people using other countries to get to where they want to go and potentially causing a spike in cases in those countries. Also the rest of the world is absolutely not out travelling again, if there is a restriction on travel from your country there is good reason for it.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Just ignore - just posting to get a reaction.
Seems to be a lot of that on here at the moment
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We know someone who flies via Aruba to go to the States. They are there now. The only downside is that as the FCDO still says no non-essential travel just about nearly all travel insurance would be invalid, not something I would want to be without in the US...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
We know someone who flies via Aruba to go to the States. They are there now. The only downside is that as the FCDO still says no non-essential travel just about nearly all travel insurance would be invalid, not something I would want to be without in the US...
Our Staysure insurance is absolutely clear. If we travel to any country against FCDO advice (as in USA currently) our policy is immediately invalid.

As two post-cancer 75 year olds not an option.

Others may take a different view of medical risk.

Mick
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bwfc4ife View Post
Seems to be a lot of that on here at the moment
You know that when you sign up to theDibb one of the conditions you agree to is not to comment on the nature of other people's posts.

So whilst you might be mad at what people reply with, they aren't breaking the forum rules, but by commenting and making presumptions on their reasons for doing so you would be.

Maybe you are being mad at the wrong person and should instead cast that ire at the people breaking the forum rules
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Our Staysure insurance is absolutely clear. If we travel to any country against FCDO advice (as in USA currently) our policy is immediately invalid.

As two post-cancer 75 year olds not an option.

Others may take a different view of medical risk.

Mick
I read you can pay extra for cover if going against FCDO advice. I already have insurance with staysure but willing to pay extra for the extra insurance to cover us. (Sure we had an email covering this)
I will definitely not be going without valid insurance as I have children and it isn’t worth the risk.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List