Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Anyone have a Miele washing machine?

Are they worth the hefty price tag?

Our current piece of Hoover rubbish that is masquerading as a washing machine has just failed yet again! We've had nothing but problems in the 4 years we've had it. Fed up with paying for it to be repaired so going buy a new one.

We've had a Miele vacuum for 10 years and it's still excellent. Are their washing machines as reliable? They seem to cost substantially more than many other brands but I'm wondering if you really do get what you pay for?

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes and yes

They last around 20 years (atleast) my parents had theirs for over 30 and never one call out. Only got a new one a year or so before my passed passed away and we sold it at auction for more than I would have imagined . Even second hand they seem to command are fair bit
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Never owned Miele because the prices seemed eye watering. I've just had to buy one as the drum on my Beko is making the machine bounce all over.

I went for a Samsung as I was after an A rated washer and these are currently coming with a five year warranty.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Yes . I had a miele for just under 10 years when it died, it worked hard with two teenage girls in the family, when they came out to do the repair (under warranty) I was told it needed a new drum but as that was costly they would just give me a new one free of charge! The replacement cost over £1k, it has an app that tells me when my washing is done and I can preset it to start a load at a certain time, I've not used that yet though . I'm really happy with it.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, most definitely. My first Miele lasted 17 years before I had to replace it last year. In those 17 years I never had a single problem with it. And of course I bought another Miele to replace it with.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Yes, they are worth it.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes. My friend had one for 22 years and used to wash horse rugs in it. We have a Siemens which I really like. It was a bit cheaper as well. The Miele I could afford didn't fit in the space available.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
yes, we have, came with a 10 year guarantee

we also have a Miele tumble dryer and built in appliances, coffee machine, oven and microwave

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes we had a miele,lasted around 6 years,workhorse,but all the other brands we tried bosch/hoover etc lasted 18 months if i was lucky.To be fair we do at least 5 loads a day,usually more,as theres 8 of us in the house,sometimes 9 when dd home from uni.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Are they worth the hefty price tag?

Our current piece of Hoover rubbish that is masquerading as a washing machine has just failed yet again! We've had nothing but problems in the 4 years we've had it. Fed up with paying for it to be repaired so going buy a new one.

We've had a Miele vacuum for 10 years and it's still excellent. Are their washing machines as reliable? They seem to cost substantially more than many other brands but I'm wondering if you really do get what you pay for?

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks
Hiya, bought a new to the market Haier washer, direct drive motor [no belt, lifetime guarantee] claiming to be the quietest on the market, and they weren't wrong! Superb washer, 16 cycles, great wash, even now, 2 years on, I still have to double check it's running, even on spin! Previous washer was a Whirlpool that sounded like a bag of spanners on spin. Highly recommend Haier.

Paid £220 including delivery for THIS model, now they're becoming widely bought they're more expensive, circa £340 on AO, but their eBay store have the graphite one for sale at £270. Reviews are circa 4.9 out of 5.