Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Dec 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Thanks for the fab review. Just put Knife, Fork and Spoon on my list of food to try. It looked really good. My mouth was watering. As for the fudge... yum. Safe journey home.

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Thank you for sharing some amazing meals. What a fantastic trip too! Safe travels home .

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up! Mythos was already on the list but now is a definite. We’ve never done cow fish so that is now too & we are big fans of Bubba Gumps so delighted you had a good meal there!

Thanks for taking the time to write your report. I know it’s hard when the days feel so action packed!

Can I pick your brains please… if you had to travel
Out on Thanksgiving day for two weeks and either do Disney first and Universal last, or vice versa - which would you do? Thinking the Fri-Sun of Thanksgiving week will be packed wherever!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Can I pick your brains please… if you had to travel
Out on Thanksgiving day for two weeks and either do Disney first and Universal last, or vice versa - which would you do? Thinking the Fri-Sun of Thanksgiving week will be packed wherever!
Will you be getting express passes at universal or using genie+ at Disney?

We arrived at Universal on the Saturday after thanksgiving (so two days after). That day was rammed but then after that it was better on Sunday, then pretty much totally dead Monday - Thursday, picked up a bit Friday and then busy again the Saturday when we left.

By that logic, I’d recommend staying wherever you want to spend the least £/$ on ride experiences for the first week. So, if you’re going to get express at Universal regardless via hotel, I’d do that second (further into December) as I think the closer to Christmas you get the busier it’ll be. If you’re not getting express though, I’d definitely do it first as I think you’ll get a guaranteed 4/5 days of barely any queues.

Hope that helps.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you everyone 💜 I really am pleased it’s been helpful. We had an absolute blast!

The flight was delayed (again) on the return but was actually only about 7 hours 30mins once we got going, so not too bad!

They gave us the food reasonably quickly due to the delay. Pretzels as usual (W was very happy with himself as he snagged two bags rather than the usual one!).

The food options were the very thoughtful option of chicken and veg or creamy cheese and tomato pasta.

W went for the chicken and it was as exciting as it looks…

I however went for the creamy cheese and tomato pasta and it was actually nice!

They also came with a quinoa salad (pictured on W’s plate) which I didn’t eat but W said it was nicer than the side on the flight out and actually also ate my one, so it must’ve been okay!

Finally, the dessert was a triple chocolate mousse. This was pretty nice.

I watched a whole series of Friday Night Dinner and slept for a few hours which was easy with my economy first class empty seat experience

We then got ‘breakfast’ which was either a ham & Swiss cheese roll or cheese & tomato roll. W was still asleep at this point, so I just got the ham & Swiss cheese roll which was pretty bland but the Swiss cheese improved it slightly.

It also came with a low fat raspberry yoghurt. Clearly they knew we’d been overindulging in Florida!

We then got home to our dog, Stitch, and gave him his new Bubba Gump Shrimp toy

I am sorry the last photos of this report are not more exciting, but plane food is what it is!

Thank you again for following along, your comments all kept me going and I love having these reports to look back on.

As mentioned earlier in the report, we’re booked for a largely Disney trip next November as our ‘Disneymoon’ however we’re looking at also adding 3 nights on the coast beforehand (we get married in April 2022 after postponing from June 2021 and have an initial honeymoon in the Maldives booked in May 2022). We considered upgrading to universal annual passes as they would’ve covered the next trip but we decided not to in the end as Disney is enough especially with trips to the outlets etc. I am definitely taking extra luggage next year as this time I ended up flinging half my Black Friday outlets purchases into a plastic bag after being told off for a 26kg case in MCO 😂

I will be back with the final restaurant ratings later this week once we’ve come to a decision

PS, Claire, the damage is 5lbs

Edited at 07:43 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic report have thoroughly enjoyed it! Glad you got back without many issues and that looks like a seriously empty plane!

Thanks for your tips above! All food for thought we have May to look forward to first as well.

Congrats on your wedding hope it all goes swimmingly from this point forward & the Maldives sound lush <3
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fantastic report. So glad you had an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing all your fabulous food. It feels so nice to coming home knowing your next trip is booked doesn't it.
Old 11 Jan 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you for the lovely comments 💜

I had to take a little break from the dibb when we got home as I was feeling the serious Florida blues! I’m slowly starting to plan our next trip now though and am back!

As promised, better late than never, here are our final ratings:

The Coast (Miami and Fort Lauderdale):

Best quick service:
WINNER, Ben Mi; RUNNER UP, Mister 01

Best table service:
WINNER, Yard Bird; RUNNER UP, Lona

Best snack:
WINNER, Icy n Spicy; RUNNER UP, Batch Cookie Company

Best cocktail:
WINNER, Emotions at Bacon Bitch; RUNNER UP, Rum Punch at Lona

Orlando

Best quick service:
WINNER, Central Park Crepes; RUNNER UP, Green Eggs & Ham

Best table service:
WINNER, Mythos
RUNNER UP, so many! Cowfish, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps, The Boathouse…

Best snack:
WINNER, Everglazed Donuts; RUNNER UP, Gideon’s Cookies

Best cocktail:
WINNER, Trader Sam’s - everything!; RUNNER UP, Strawberry & Eye Candy mix at Fat Tuesday

Special mention of the trip: Starbucks Strawberry Açai!

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did and that everyone with upcoming trips this year has an amazing experience. November 2022 dibbers, I’ll see you there!
Old 16 Feb 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

I think I must have fallen off planet earth in November, as I completely missed your report until now... what a fabulous trip! Have just read it all in one go... and now feel super hungry! Not long now until your wedding - hope you have a womder day!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

I finally had time to read your trip report in one go, it was excellent, thank you for sharing.

We'll be visiting some of the restaurants you went to in both Miami and Orlando.

We are also going to Savannah Georgia on our trip so I may even attempt to do my first food review.

Three and a half weeks will be a lot of food to photo and make notes about so hopefully I can organise myself.

Thanks again