Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It is the driver that is usually the problem. We had a temporary one who just threw parcels into a bin but said they were delivered.
They were found today by the postman so I expect the hermes driver couldn't find or be bothered to find the small hamlet to deliver the parcels
Old 8 Dec 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I have a great relationship with my Hermes lady, she even kept my shoes for me when I was on holiday.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

My hermes delivery guy is great, but I do work from home and he knows it 🤣

I've been really impressed with all the delivery guys that come to my house.

But others in my village have awful trouble with missing deliveries or being delivered to the wrong place.
Old 8 Dec 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Another one here that thinks Hermes lady is by far the best delivery driver we get but I accept that they probably vary more than most.

Perhaps you should move house
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our Hermes delivery driver is really good when he actually gets the parcels the issue I have is they get to the hemes depot then get lost.
Over the last couple of years they’ve lost 9 of my parcels at the depot.
They currently have a parcel for me but I’ve had an email to say there’s a problem and they’ll be in touch when it’s out for delivery, I’m not holding my breath
Old 8 Dec 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pebblesuk
Imagineer

Pebblesuk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
it's the worst delivery service ever. i've had two parcels lost in the past three weeks, and one, a pot of face cream, that Hermes sent an email saying it was too large to deliver and needed a special delivery, not heard from them since 6 days ago and no item arrived.
Lake Buena Vista Resort July 2008
Pebblesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

To answer the question, it's because Hermes will offer the clients the cheapest deal and then pay their couriers the cheapest pay rate .
I know because I was a Hermes courier and it is disgraceful how Hermes behave.
Hermes pay couriers a different rate for different size parcels, postables, packet (should weigh no more than 1.4kg) standard (upto 10kg) heavy and heavy/large (upto 17kg).So a my rate was 37p for a postable (they were rarely postable!), 46p for a packet (75% of my parcels were this) and 64p for standards (heavies were like hens teeth). And so for example, TKMaxx were given a cheap rate that covered any size of parcel (a packet rate, even if this "packet" was the size of a dust bin. It was then upto the courier to do extra admin to "upgrade" them to the correct banding. Most didn't as were never told this was a "thing". Therefore Hermes make money on the so-called "packet racket" and the couriers are losing money hand over fist as they have a car full of large parcels, but only being paid for small packets (think a jumper size or similar). I had once a metal kitchen chair that weighed over 16kg that was down as a packet .
So unfortunately a lot of long standing couriers have left and you are left with knock and run couriers who don't care (or don't have time to care as they are paid so poorly and need to deliver more parcels to make a living). This is not an excuse for poor service, merely an explanation.
Hence why I left.
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Our local Hermes lady is great. Really efficient and helpful.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

It’s a service which is only as good as the courier, as it seems the wider organisation doesn’t care about bad couriers.

We had varying levels of service at our old address, with a high turnover of couriers. However, we’ve had the same one since we moved to our new address last October - he’s fantastic, bends over backwards to help. I need to get him something for Christmas.
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

Our local Hermes delivery ladies are amazing. One’s been here most days lately lol
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List