Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Dec 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Is there anything confirming why she isn't there? I've just done a search and read a few articles and they all say there's not been any reason released. Maybe she just didn't want to attend?
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Is there anything confirming why she isn't there? I've just done a search and read a few articles and they all say there's not been any reason released. Maybe she just didn't want to attend?
I wouldn’t blame her!
They all threw her under the bus.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
What did she do?
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linder View Post
What did she do?
She aired her views on trans people. Some of what she said resonated very badly with the trans community. She does not agree that trans people should be able to change their gender to a different one than which they were born, saying that it puts women and children at risk.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thought it was something simple like that.

Tangent here.

I have unfortunately been forced to sit outside changing rooms for years waiting to give a "No, it's fine" when OH comes out and asks "does my bum look big in this"

It seems men are being banned from sitting outside them now ( and hopefully underwear depts when she shops for bra's) which to me is great news

However it seems if I identify as a woman for a couple of years I can keep my beard and bits and try on the latest blouse in Dorothy Perkins in front of women and girls.

Hell in a hand cart.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I don’t understand how they can have a reunion, without the creator 😕
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I don’t understand how they can have a reunion, without the creator 😕
I'm more sad that Alan Rickman and Helen McCrory are no longer around to be included to be honest.

And Richard Griffiths, Verne Troyer, John Hurt, Richard Harris, and more... Eric Sykes, Robert Hardy, Rodger Lloyd Pack, and some I have forgotten already... so many gone already...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
She aired her views on trans people. Some of what she said resonated very badly with the trans community. She does not agree that trans people should be able to change their gender to a different one than which they were born, saying that it puts women and children at risk.
From what I can gather that’s not what she said, she actually just retweeted something from an article about “people who menstruate,” apparently taking issue with the fact that the story did not use the word women. “‘People who menstruate.’ I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?”
I definitely stand with her on that.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I won't be watching. JK spoke for a lot of women like me who are bemused by why transgender rights seem to carry more importance than my rights as a woman. I don't care if you identify as a man, a woman or a penguin, carry on. However, I identify as a woman and a mother and I am not a cis anything. The Potter actors need to take a long hard look at themselves.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

The reason she isn’t included is because it’s a reunion/anniversary for the films, not the books. They are therefore including actors, directors etc rather than the author of the books. Irrespective of what she said and peoples views on it she wouldn’t have attended I don’t think. 🤷
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List