Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Dec 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I'm looking at Vegas for March 22, with Delta, AA and Virgin all floating around the 2600-2800 mark for two economy. Is that good? Seems dear to me..

I refuse to fly BA again after their shower a few weeks ago. Theres a reason why they are cheaper than Virgin..having picked BA because they were about 400 quid cheaper than virgin, for the flight/Crew/food and overall service its worth it now in my view.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I'm looking at Vegas for March 22, with Delta, AA and Virgin all floating around the 2600-2800 mark for two economy. Is that good? Seems dear to me..

I refuse to fly BA again after their shower a few weeks ago. Theres a reason why they are cheaper than Virgin..having picked BA because they were about 400 quid cheaper than virgin, for the flight/Crew/food and overall service its worth it now in my view.
Where the worst flight I've been on was Virgin, and rivalled your recent trip. I've flown Virgin since then and they were fine, although not amazing. But you can have a bad experience on any airline. You just got particularly unlucky to have both legs affected.

That price sounds incredibly high for LAS. What are your dates? Note that AA don't fly LHR-LAS, so that will be a codeshare on BA metal if you're looking at direct flights.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

I mainly use Virgin because we live around 45 mins from MAN and, AFAIK, they are the only airline to fly direct to Orlando. I just can't handle the faff of MAN-LHR-MCO any more, so am prepared to pay a bit more for the convenience factor. Having said that, I got a great price for MAN-MCO going PE out and UC back for May 22.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Grandee View Post
I mainly use Virgin because we live around 45 mins from MAN and, AFAIK, they are the only airline to fly direct to Orlando. I just can't handle the faff of MAN-LHR-MCO any more, so am prepared to pay a bit more for the convenience factor. Having said that, I got a great price for MAN-MCO going PE out and UC back for May 22.
Aer Lingus now fly from MAN to MCO and are cheaper than VA's prices at the moment, so might be worth looking at in the future

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are here now flown out with Virgin. We have had our return flight home cancelled this week and we had it cancelled before we left home which I rebooked where it looks like they are constantly consolidating flights maybe due to lack of demand This is in and out of Miami. I too have been looking for October, Virgins prices are crazy and there doesn’t seem to be much rewards availability. I was hoping they were trying their luck and prices will come down.

Edited at 11:50 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Where the worst flight I've been on was Virgin, and rivalled your recent trip. I've flown Virgin since then and they were fine, although not amazing. But you can have a bad experience on any airline. You just got particularly unlucky to have both legs affected.

That price sounds incredibly high for LAS. What are your dates? Note that AA don't fly LHR-LAS, so that will be a codeshare on BA metal if you're looking at direct flights.
Trojan Horse BA flight! Thats off the list

Dates were 28/03/22 for 4 nights.

We will hold off booking probably until last minute to see how things go, but the prices did seem quite steep, considering Orlando with BA was 2000 with car hire, and I booked those flights in September
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Trojan Horse BA flight! Thats off the list

Dates were 28/03/22 for 4 nights.

We will hold off booking probably until last minute to see how things go, but the prices did seem quite steep, considering Orlando with BA was 2000 with car hire, and I booked those flights in September
Ahh, that's your problem. Flights without a Saturday night stay are priced at the flex rates. Always annoyed me as Saturday night hotel rates in Vegas are often silly money, but cheaper to stay the Saturday than pay flex fares.

Virgin looking pricey at £800pp return around those dates but with a Saturday, still better than what you were seeing though. Delta around £580 (with baggage) indirect. I'd also look at JetBlue if you're happy with an indirect, should be closer to £500 with baggage.

Edited at 01:44 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've recently booked our flights for next Sept. We wanted to go from Manchester - a touch under £4000 for 2 PE seats! We've booked LHR at £1912 (we had a £1600 voucher from this year that VA added a £300 boost to, so it was already paid). We are the only 2 in PE so far on the outbound flight.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Ahh, that's your problem. Flights without a Saturday night stay are priced at the flex rates. Always annoyed me as Saturday night hotel rates in Vegas are often silly money, but cheaper to stay the Saturday than pay flex fares.

Virgin looking pricey at £800pp return around those dates but with a Saturday, still better than what you were seeing though. Delta around £580 (with baggage) indirect. I'd also look at JetBlue if you're happy with an indirect, should be closer to £500 with baggage.
I didn't actually know that! Cheers. That is certainly better.

Jet Blue I will certainly use for JFK. Their economy looks amazing
Old 24 Dec 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Im finding that pricing is just plain weird for 2022. For me BA from NCL - LHR - MCO in CW was £100 more expensive than MAN - MCO in UC. The first option more convenient and by the time I added petrol and parking onto the MAN option they were about the same ££. Would have booked hotel and ticket through WDTC.

In the end I didn't have a decision to make as VH came in the cheapest of the lot over £700 cheaper for the holiday as a package including UC both ways.

Like I said - weird...

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List