Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jan 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mousekeeping - What’s happening now?

I know there are old threads on this and a few from last year around what was happening then with covid but I’m just wondering what peoples current experience is?

Also, it’s been so long, what does/did everyone tip Mousekeeping?
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I declined mousekeeping when I was there last month because it's still the reduced Covid offering - every other day, basic towels and trash service. Here's the current services:

disneyworld/guest-...eping-service/

They still do the daily security check which I was usually in my room for (during my afternoon break) and the CMs I had were lovely, always asking if I needed anything even though I'd declined service.

Edited at 07:22 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahh thanks! I had read through that but must have missed the housekeeping section!
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

If mousekeeping is declined, what do you do if you need fresh towels or bin emptying? Never stayed in a Disney hotel before so all new to us.
lcm23 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
If mousekeeping is declined, what do you do if you need fresh towels or bin emptying? Never stayed in a Disney hotel before so all new to us.
I’ve read some people have been asking at reception for clean towels or just asking any housekeeper they see. Not sure for bins though… DIY?
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Some people who've visited recently have mentioned that Mousekeeping is very hit and miss, even on the days they do agree to clean the rooms. Be prepared to chase it up with the front desk. They're extremely understaffed all over WDW and the resorts are no exception.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
You can call reception or housekeeping and request new towels at any time. I had more than enough for my stay (there were at least 6 towels in the room and it was just me) so never tried. The CMs are still as helpful as ever IME, there's just not enough of them to do daily full service across all rooms.

For the bins, I just took my trash with me each morning and put it in the large bin outside the building. Two seconds effort. Although I'd recommend packing some bin liners, they quite often don't have them now. I use them to wrap toiletries in anyway in case they leak, so had them spare in the case.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

They actually changed our bed 3 times but I don't think they swept the floor in the whole time. The security thing was a pain. DH normally has a nap while I go to the pool and they woke him up every time!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Daily security check ? !

Aside from the clue being in the description what on Earth is that about ? !

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Daily security check ? !

Aside from the clue being in the description what on Earth is that about ? !

Since the vegas shootings, they come into your room every day and check everything looks “safe”.

I can’t wait for them to wake my kids up from their nap every day 🙄
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List