Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
Do any of you know how to renew GE, do we need to start the whole procedure again as our is due to expire in April.
I've not had to renew yet but there's a UK renewal page here

global-entry.beta.homeoffice...-apply/renewal

and a section 3/4 of the way down this page

cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions

How do I renew my Global Entry membership?

You become eligible to renew your membership one year prior to program expiration. If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits up to 6 months after your membership expiration date, if your renewal does not get processed in time.

Follow these steps to renew Global Entry membership:

Log onto the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website.
Select Manage membership - the Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment page will display.
Select the blue Renew Application button - the Personal Information page will display.
Use the Application Wizard to change your personal information by selecting the specific category(ies) hyperlinks.
When complete, select U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program List on the Application Wizard - the Trusted Traveler Program List will display.
Click the box next to each program that you wish to renew.
Select the enrollment center hyperlink to see a list of available enrollment centers.
Select Next - the Trusted Traveler Program Application page will display.
If a FIX Errors hyperlink displays, you must provide the information requested to proceed.
To continue, select Update to go to the Program Application page.
On the Program Application page, select Certify at the bottom of the page - the Certification page will display.
Answer Yes or No to "Do you certify?"
Select Next. The Final Review: Application Shopping Cart will display.
Select the box next to Fees. Fees are for application processing and are non-refundable. To agree and proceed, click here. The Home button changes to a Make Payment button.
Select Make Payment. The online payment page displays.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I've not had to renew yet but there's a UK renewal page here

global-entry.beta.homeoffice...-apply/renewal

and a section 3/4 of the way down this page

cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions

How do I renew my Global Entry membership?

You become eligible to renew your membership one year prior to program expiration. If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits up to 6 months after your membership expiration date, if your renewal does not get processed in time.

Follow these steps to renew Global Entry membership:

Log onto the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website.
Select Manage membership - the Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment page will display.
Select the blue Renew Application button - the Personal Information page will display.
Use the Application Wizard to change your personal information by selecting the specific category(ies) hyperlinks.
When complete, select U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program List on the Application Wizard - the Trusted Traveler Program List will display.
Click the box next to each program that you wish to renew.
Select the enrollment center hyperlink to see a list of available enrollment centers.
Select Next - the Trusted Traveler Program Application page will display.
If a FIX Errors hyperlink displays, you must provide the information requested to proceed.
To continue, select Update to go to the Program Application page.
On the Program Application page, select Certify at the bottom of the page - the Certification page will display.
Answer Yes or No to "Do you certify?"
Select Next. The Final Review: Application Shopping Cart will display.
Select the box next to Fees. Fees are for application processing and are non-refundable. To agree and proceed, click here. The Home button changes to a Make Payment button.
Select Make Payment. The online payment page displays.
Many thanks 😊
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Great news DeepAK4.

DrJJ if we manage to book an appointment I guess we will not get any emails to offer EoA. But I guess we can still try on arrival at MCO?

Or do you leave the booking of appointment till closer to holiday, risking no availability, so that you are offered EoA?

Does that make sense?
No don’t do that, keep trying for an interview and book when you can, they are pretty scarce.

There was only about a month between getting my approval and travelling. I got an interview quite quickly and still got an email about EOA. DH didn’t manage to find an interview and he did not get an email about EOA. So the complete opposite experience to Dr JJ.

It really doesn’t matter whether you get the email or not, whereas the interview appointment as a back up could be very important.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
Do any of you know how to renew GE, do we need to start the whole procedure again as our is due to expire in April.
Firstly don't let it expire, renew now as if it expires its treated like a new application.

To renew you click the link in the trusted traveller site.

The renewal is basically the same as a new application anyway, but you MAY or may not need another interview. We didn't. We got the UK code applied and paid the $100, approx. 2 months later we were approved again.

It seems hit and miss if you need another interview, no way of knowing if you will.

You can reapply upto 1 year before your current membership expires and the new membership is added ontop of the current expiry - so you do not loose out.

I will need to renew again next year as mine will expire in 2024, I was part of the original trial outside on USA so have had it for quite a few years now. It's money well spent

My only worry is as more and more apply the time savings will be lost as the lines for the GE machines will get bigger and bigger.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
12 weeks today since we applied and still nothing

How long did it take everyone for conditional approval?
Old 1 Feb 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
12 weeks today since we applied and still nothing

How long did it take everyone for conditional approval?
DeepAK4 said 13 weeks, I reckon you'll hear in the next 10-14 days
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Ours came through on Christmas Eve which was 11 weeks and 5 days. I think it seems to getting a bit longer (creeping up) but it should be any day if you are at 12 weeks.
Old 1 Feb 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I know nobody can answer this but is there a possibility that Interview on entry could be launched at Melbourne airport now it has international flights. We changed our plans so our first flight to the US is no longer Virgin into MCO. I note that Melbourne are opening new immigration facilities so I have my fingers crossed. Have no idea what the criteria is for an airport to do it (they have GE kiosks but don’t do the interviews).
Old 1 Feb 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I know nobody can answer this but is there a possibility that Interview on entry could be launched at Melbourne airport now it has international flights. We changed our plans so our first flight to the US is no longer Virgin into MCO. I note that Melbourne are opening new immigration facilities so I have my fingers crossed. Have no idea what the criteria is for an airport to do it (they have GE kiosks but don’t do the interviews).
I think keep your fingers crossed, the other five airports that accept international passengers offer it, so why not?
Old 1 Feb 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Will this be the same for renewal of GE.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List