Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jan 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Highs, Lows and What Next?

Highs

Weather - apart from the last couple of days when we had some rain the weather was perfect and we couldn’t have asked for more

Riding Rise 4 times, particularly riding twice on our first night

Wait times were very reasonable and we rode far more rides than on our last visit. Having FOLPs and quick queue meant we rode everything quickly at Universal, IoA and Busch. At Disney we rode 30 rides last time and 45 this time, 28 of which were headliners. We rode ToT 6 times, Smugglers 5 and Everest, Star Tours and Soarin 4 times.

Smugglers Run was a highlight for Darren and Alix but I wasn’t keen.

We thought we would be spending a lot of extra money on Genie+ and Lightening Lanes so were very pleased that we didn’t need to.

There were 3 attractions that were unexpected highlights: Star tours, Philarmagic and Bourne Stuntacular. We all agreed how great these were.

Darren and Alix loved riding Mako in the dark and got to ride 3 times.

Xmas - I just loved being here at Xmas and particularly enjoyed Macy’s Parade, Xmas decorations at HS and the snow at SW

Food - Alix particularly enjoyed the Black and White Cookie at Epcot and the pizza at HS and Darren enjoyed his Cool Whip from Publix

We got lots more Photopass pics this year and as a result got some great Magic Shots

Lows

Matt not being here - although we are used to not seeing Matt every day at home there were so many things on holiday that reminded us of him. Darren particularly missed him as the 2 of them woukd usually go and do things while Alix and I visited the parks. However, we did hear from him more on holiday than we usually do at home.

Covid - this did not spoil our holiday but it was always a concern in case we could not get home. We thought there should be more social distancing and more filling of anti bac stations at the park but we became adept at creating distance between us and others and we all carried and used ant bac constantly. We also didn’t eat out as much as we usually would but we didn’t mind too much as we enjoy eating on the lanai.

Traffic - this was quite bad in the area we were staying before we found a quicker route

SeaWorld - our first visit was so disappointing with none of the rides working and Darren and Alix never got to ride Kraken

We never got to ride Slinky but we weren’t too bothered about this - it was more to say that we had done it and we only rode FoP once. We could have done these if we hadnt concentrated so much on Rise.

We never saw Harmonious - probably my only regret of the holiday.

There were a couple of things not to the usual standard in the villa - shower, tap and spa jets not working.

None of the lows spoilt our holiday and we had the most amazing time.

What Next?

Before we went I wasn’t bothered if we never went back and was quite happy holidaying in the UK. But as soon as I got back I loved and realised no other holiday compared. So we do plan to go back. We are tempted to rebook immediately as we usually do but are holding back until we know more of the covid situation, particularly since reading so many stories of people not being able to get back.

Star Wars

Star Wars 2

Epcot

Happy Holidays
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip, hope you get back out there soon!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip, hope you get back out there soon!
Thank you. This is the first time in 12 years we don’t have a trip planned.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So glad you had an amazing time

Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 19 Jan 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
So glad you had an amazing time

Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Thanks for reading and for your comments
Old 23 Jan 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lots of highs and not too many lows. I've really enjoyed reading your trip report and got some valuable tips for our trip this summer - in fact if you could go back and delete your posts which tell everyone to get in line for Rise just before park close that would be awesome as I don't want too many people knowing about that

Seriously, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Lots of highs and not too many lows. I've really enjoyed reading your trip report and got some valuable tips for our trip this summer - in fact if you could go back and delete your posts which tell everyone to get in line for Rise just before park close that would be awesome as I don't want too many people knowing about that

Seriously, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us
It’s always difficult to know whether to share or keep to yourself ; glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.