Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 22, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
When Charles walked Meghan down the aisle as he reached Harry he clearly said "Thanks Pa".
Yes that's right, and everything was rosy that day between Charles and Harry, Meghan was happy for him to be walking her down the aisle, who would have believed that less than three years later they would be throwing him and the rest of the RF under a bus 🤔
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Can you ?
Odd that as he has never called Charles “Daddy” . Must all be in your imagination.
To be honest I think the wanting them here has come from Charles , not them . I think Charles has had time to think and doesn’t want a fractured family. Unlike the tabloids he sees family first not some soap opera …… still I don’t suppose that will stop the haters who clearly have perfect families themselves and never react first and think after.
Just as much as everything you ‘suppose’ is in your imagination too.

I don’t suppose H calls M ‘Megs’ either. And I doubt the conversation you quoted happened at all.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Was it ? Outing institutional racism you mean ? If not which particular part ?
Or misconstruing a genuine question. We’ll never know what really happened as we weren’t there, and neither was Meghan.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I'm curious as to why so many people who claim not to be interested in Harry and Meghan spend so much time talking about them.
In all honesty, I’m interested in other people’s opinions of them. I enjoy seeing how we can all see things so differently, and come up with different opinions based on personal perspectives and pre/misconceptions. It’s fascinating to me. Not just this subject, but all kinds of topics.
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridadot View Post
Or Meghan 😂😂😂😂
Or ‘Duchy’ for short

Duchy, I’m jesting purely because of your choice of Dibb name, you could have much more inside knowledge than we could possibly imagine

Edited at 01:55 AM.
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I find the refusal to even consider that (despite Phillip’s previously quoted comments) the royal family couldn’t possibly ever have a racist thought fascinating , especially considering that despite the Commonwealth and London being one of the most racially diverse cities in the world the Palaces recently had to create a policy in increase the amount of diversity amongst their employees.
It’s a very naive view.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I find the refusal to even consider that (despite Phillip’s previously quoted comments) the royal family couldn’t possibly ever have a racist thought fascinating , especially considering that despite the Commonwealth and London being one of the most racially diverse cities in the world the Palaces recently had to create a policy in increase the amount of diversity amongst their employees.
It’s a very naive view.
I’m not assuming you mean me, because that’s not my view at all. I just know that in my family, if I was in that position and an uncle/father/grandfather/auntie/sister etc said ‘I wonder what colour the baby’s skin will be’, it wouldn’t have come from a racist place. We don’t know the exact words used, or do we? If they were ‘I hope the baby’s skin isn’t too dark’ etc, that’s completely different, but I seem to recall it was more innocuous than that. We also don’t know who said it. We can guess, but we don’t know.
Old 19 Jan 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Racism in any environment is totally unacceptable. However I also have issues with people trying to manipulate a situation to garner sympathy. This conversation supposedly took place between Harry and ‘a senior Royal’, at the beginning of their relationship, not whilst she was pregnant. Only Harry and ‘the Royal’ will know the details of the actual conversation and whether it was racist or not. If it was, then I’m not sure I would be suing for security rights to come back to the U.K. I would probably prefer to stay in California in my multi-million pound mansion and spend my Netflix money!

mirror/news/uk-new...310.1642574130
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The only royals to get 24/7 police protection include the Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate.

Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie are guarded only when on official duties and engagements not when on personal visits.

the Queen's granddaughters Zara Tindall, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie do not have state-funded security at all.

None of the above can suddenly say oh I know I fancy going Skiing this week or visiting my in-laws I think I will pay Scotland Yard 50 grand for additional security. It is not allowed.

H and M have plenty of options to stay safe even though the threat to them is negligible. Their own full security team, the security provided at Windsor Castle or Buckingham Palace or whichever palace they decide to lay their hat for the week. To say they won't be safe is nonsense and it all seems a little like throwing the doll out the pram.
Old 19 Jan 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
The only royals to get 24/7 police protection include the Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate.

Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie are guarded only when on official duties and engagements not when on personal visits.

the Queen's granddaughters Zara Tindall, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie do not have state-funded security at all.

None of the above can suddenly say oh I know I fancy going Skiing this week or visiting my in-laws I think I will pay Scotland Yard 50 grand for additional security. It is not allowed.

H and M have plenty of options to stay safe even though the threat to them is negligible. Their own full security team, the security provided at Windsor Castle or Buckingham Palace or whichever palace they decide to lay their hat for the week. To say they won't be safe is nonsense and it all seems a little like throwing the doll out the pram.
It’s sounds to me like they could be picking their battles very carefully. They probably knew full well they wouldn’t get the police protection and can therefore legitimately claim that they tried to visit the family but couldn’t because the family wouldn’t keep them safe.

Just another take on it.
Closed Thread