Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing - June 19 - Day 6 - DHS, Longhorn and Dolphin Drinks

Day 5 is here

Sunday 16th June

Today was Extra Magic Hours at DHS, so we were up bright and early at 6.15am. Happy Father's Day!

We left the room at about 7.30, via Fuel for tea of course and then to the walkway to DHS It was sooooooooooo humid this morning!

Turtles and ducks were spotted.

20 sweaty hot minutes later we had arrived! On the right is the Skyliner station by the way. Nicely themed to fit in with the DHS entrance!

We headed straight for Toy Story Land in the hope of getting on Slinky or at least Toy Story Mania. Wrong. Very wrong.

As you can see from the above photo, Slinky was 135 minutes and much to our dismay, TSM was already at 60 mins!

To say we were hacked off is a bit of understatement. I really believe EMH doesn’t have much advantage these days. There are just too many resorts on property now.

On a happier note, we saw Woody

At this point I can't remember why we didn’t go and do ToT or RRC? I can only assume the wait times were too high as well. Instead we got some breakfast from Woody's Lunchbox.

I was very happy to spot Lotso, since I was wearing my new Lotso vest

Grown up drinks

I of course wanted to try the s'mores toasted sandwich. Chris wasn’t that keen on the choices, but he went for the Turkey toasted sandwich in the end. $19 for both, along with a drink. We both enjoyed our respective sandwiches, but man that s'mores one was SWEET!

It was mighty hot and sweaty sitting outside. Air con would have been a treat, but we had to make do with a Babybell umbrella.

Since Toy Story Land was hoaching, we decided to head elsewhere in the park.

We thought we would go and so an old favourite, Muppets 3D Vision, but discovered that it wasn’t open until 10.

This was another thing that ticked us off, there were quite a few things not open until 10am. You'd think they'd want to thin out the crowds a bit, no?

Anyway, we had a wee wander around, mourning the loss of the DHS of days gone by (MGM). A wee bit of NYC still remains though.

Imagine how mobbed this will be in a couple of weeks!

The good thing about it not being open yet meant it was very quiet, so plenty empty streets photos!

I miss the Writers Stop

Help me out, has this entrance to the Muppets Courtyard always been there? I don’t believe it has.

continued in next post

Edited at 01:05 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
continued from previouos post

We decided to head round to Star Wars Launch Bay for a look around, passing another duck en route.

We watched the wee movie first which, despite my lack of SW knowledge, I actually enjoyed.

Various photos which mean very little to me, but here they are!

Can get on board with the wine though. Well, perhaps not at that price

Not creepy at all…..

What's that on his shoulder?

There was a station for making mini droids, so Chris got involved.

Ta Da! Cute!

It was now time for our first FP, which was Alien Swirling Saucers! We were excited to try something new again!

I was very happy to see the green army men were out and about, so we stopped to watch their shenanigans for a bit.

Alien time!

Always look up at Disney………

It didn’t take long before it was our turn

Ok, so I loved this! I know it's not the most thrilling of rides, but there were elements I wasn’t expecting. Plus, I bloody love those wee aliens.

PhotoPasses were taken here.

We decided to head back to do the Muppets. We passed Chip n Dale on the way. Goofy was also kicking about, but he didn’t get a photo taken cos I kinda don't like him that much………

Check him being all sad, pretending like he doesn’t like The Muppets….. pffft.

It had been a good few years since we had watched this, so we really enjoyed the nostalgia of it

I admired these in the gift shop. I realllllly wanted them, but the usual issue of how to get them home safe meant that they stayed put on the shelf

continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
continued from previous post

It was 11am now and we were both feeling peckish and noticed that PizzeRizzo was open! We haven’t been here since it was Pizza Planet.

Chris ordered a pepperoni pizza. I noticed the kids menu had a chicken sub and I asked I was allowed an adults one and they said of course It was smothered in mozzarella, which I don’t actually mind since its mild, but there was a lot, so I picked it off!

We got a seat upstairs. Have you ever been up here? It's HUGE!

Anyhoo, despite the hatred this place gets in the online community, we really enjoyed it. And the icing on the cake was Chris getting me a Stitch pressed penny

Our next FP was for Tower of Terror

We stopped for PhotoPasses.

I played with the filters some more with these ones

When we got to the FastPass entrance, there was a big crowd of people blocking it. Completely. Please explain how people can be so ignorant? Get OOT MA WAY!

Anyway, once we got passed the morons we were on quickly and we got a really good sequence

LOL, just noticed the couple in front of us

On the way out I bought a HTH top and a mug. Chris bought a t-shirt too, but he is yet to wear it as he said he needs to shrink it! The CM serving us was astounded that we had come all the way from Scotland and said we were the first Scottish people she'd met. Really?!

Our third and final FP was of course Rock n Roller Coaster! The standby wait time was 90 mins! Hahahahaha see ya later suckers! We got Sweet Emotion as our song. Yay!

We were about ready to leave now, so we made tracks for the exit. It was about 12.45pm.

Since it was so warm we thought a nice breeze on the water would go down well, so we waited for a Friendship Boat.

We got back to the hotel about 1pm and stopped off at The Fountain for an ice cream. Rocky Road for me and Mint Choc Chip for him. He will never have another flavour $10.12 for these.

We then had an hour of chilling time and a freshen up before leaving again at 2.45pm. Fuel was of course visited for cups of tea on the way out Such old folk As we left there was a storm starting, so we took shelter waiting for it to pass as the car was parked miles away!

Remember the other day I said I put my tea down on the bench and it fell over? Well I got my days mixed up. It was this day that it happened cos it's actually in my notes! A minor detail, but still. I like to be accurate

continued in next post
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Anyway, the storm wasn’t going anywhere fast and we ended up being stuck here for nearly 45 minutes…..

It never actually stopped after that time, we just made a run for it cos we were fed up waiting!

Chris wanted to go back to PGA Superstore to purchase a driver that he had been swithering about. It turns out they didn’t have it in stock though?

We fancied a visit to Longhorn tonight, so we put it in the Sat Nav and went to the closest one. It took us along the I-4 and onto the 192 which is the opposite end of where we normally go. The I-4 was crazy busy so it took us AGES to get there.

It was 5pm (ish) when we arrived so we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. We were feeling greedy, so we went for appetizers! First though – bread!

To start I went for spicy chicken bites and Chris went for a bowl of chilli. We were both very happy with our choices. The chicken wasn’t too spicy, it was more like honey chilli chicken. I loved it! Chris really liked the chilli too!

For mains we both ordered steak. A 10oz filet for Chris and a 12oz NY strip for me, both with mashed tatties and a Caesar Salad. They took a looooooooong time to come out. I just checked the time stamps on my photos and it took 40 mins for the mains to come! When they did finally arrive Chris's steak was overcooked. They were still tasty though and the mash is soooo buttery. Nomalicous!

The manager did come over to apologise about the service, but didn't knock anything off our bill. So we only tipped 15%. That'll teach em eh?

After tea we went for our first visit of this trip to our fave supermarket! It wasn't OUR Publix, but it would do. Here we purchased some eye drops that Chris's mum had requested and Chris's fave socks that he buys every year!

We then paid a visit to Super Target, but not OUR Super Target hehe.

I can't remember everything we got, but I do remember raking for a Groot toy for Jake and being unsuccessful. I was also on the lookout for a wee watering can. When I asked Abi what she wanted back from Disney, this is what she requested I didn’t find one, but I did order her one from Amazon and pretended I got it at Disney

After that we headed back to the hotel. It was still raining btw. Glad it wasn’t a park night!

We got back at 7.45pm and I straightened my hair for the THIRD time that day. Damn rain and humidity!

It was time for another load of laundry (shut up laundry haters). We were planning to pop along to the Boardwalk for drinks tonight, but the weather (yep, still raining) had other ideas, so we made do with the hotel bar.

Chris got his new fave beer again and I got a vodka and cranberry! Oh, our barman tonight was called Chris and his passion was turtles

I went to throw the clothes in the drier while Chris ordered us a second round. My second vodka was v strong!

We chatted about our previous trips to Florida and how fast life is passing us by (depressing, I know). Chris pipes up with "I've been alive for 33 years and I can only remember about 15 days of that" He does have a terrible memory to be fair! He assured me he remembers our wedding day

Ooh, don’t you think the bar flooring has Spaceship Earth vibes?

Anyway, we left about 10.30 and went to collect the laundry before heading up to bed. I had hiccups all the way up to the room. Told you that second vodka was strong

Steps today – 20,127

Hope you enjoyed today's installment! Come back for day 7 where Chris golfs and I have some solo MK time before we spend the evening in a very soggy Animal Kingdom. It's here

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post

Anyway, the storm wasn’t going anywhere fast and we ended up being stuck here for nearly 45 minutes…..

It never actually stopped after that time, we just made a run for it cos we were fed up waiting!

Chris wanted to go back to PGA Superstore to purchase a driver that he had been swithering about. It turns out they didn’t have it in stock though?

We fancied a visit to Longhorn tonight, so we put it in the Sat Nav and went to the closest one. It took us along the I-4 and onto the 192 which is the opposite end of where we normally go. The I-4 was crazy busy so it took us AGES to get there.

It was 5pm (ish) when we arrived so we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. We were feeling greedy, so we went for appetizers! First though – bread!

To start I went for spicy chicken bites and Chris went for a bowl of chilli. We were both very happy with our choices. The chicken wasn’t too spicy, it was more like honey chilli chicken. I loved it! Chris really liked the chilli too!

For mains we both ordered steak. A 10oz filet for Chris and a 12oz NY strip for me, both with mashed tatties and a Caesar Salad. They took a looooooooong time to come out. I just checked the time stamps on my photos and it took 40 mins for the mains to come! When they did finally arrive Chris's steak was overcooked. They were still tasty though and the mash is soooo buttery. Nomalicous!

The manager did come over to apologise about the service, but didn't knock anything off our bill. So we only tipped 15%. That'll teach em eh?

After tea we went for our first visit of this trip to our fave supermarket! It wasn't OUR Publix, but it would do. Here we purchased some eye drops that Chris's mum had requested and Chris's fave socks that he buys every year!

We then paid a visit to Super Target, but not OUR Super Target hehe.

I can't remember everything we got, but I do remember raking for a Groot toy for Jake and being unsuccessful. I was also on the lookout for a wee watering can. When I asked Abi what she wanted back from Disney, this is what she requested I didn’t find one, but I did order her one from Amazon and pretended I got it at Disney

After that we headed back to the hotel. It was still raining btw. Glad it wasn’t a park night!

We got back at 7.45pm and I straightened my hair for the THIRD time that day. Damn rain and humidity!

It was time for another load of laundry (shut up laundry haters). We were planning to pop along to the Boardwalk for drinks tonight, but the weather (yep, still raining) had other ideas, so we made do with the hotel bar.

Chris got his new fave beer again and I got a vodka and cranberry! Oh, our barman tonight was called Chris and his passion was turtles

I went to throw the clothes in the drier while Chris ordered us a second round. My second vodka was v strong!

We chatted about our previous trips to Florida and how fast life is passing us by (depressing, I know). Chris pipes up with "I've been alive for 33 years and I can only remember about 15 days of that" He does have a terrible memory to be fair! He assured me he remembers our wedding day

Ooh, don’t you think the bar flooring has Spaceship Earth vibes?

Anyway, we left about 10.30 and went to collect the laundry before heading up to bed. I had hiccups all the way up to the room. Told you that second vodka was strong

Steps today – 20,127

Hope you enjoyed today's installment! Come back for day 7 where Chris golfs and I have some solo MK time before we spend the evening in a very soggy Animal Kingdom.
Fab trip report , the park looked fairly quiet as well. It's been lovely following and some lovely photo's too. Love to follow as it always reminds me why we have visited for so many years. Thanks again for sharing really enjoyable.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Lovely day, thanks for posting, I'm really enjoying this trip report.

I love your Lotso vest, where did you get that from? I just adore Lotso, he's so cute and misunderstood.

I believe the Muppets courtyard entrance has always looked like that, I don't remember it being any other way, although I could be wrong.

The mini droid station - can you buy those things? My son would love one, and it would be so easy to get back home too!
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Totally agree with you about EMH. I found we didn’t get as much done as I thought

Nice relaxing day
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Liking the lotso vest as well
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just binged on your report while waiting for my sink to be fixed! Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

At least you did a fair bit despite the rain! I think June was the wettest we’ve been.

I don’t remember Darth Vader having such a skinny neck! Looks v freaky! & did his cut off hand get replaced with the light saber? Love the droid design...ready for battle lol

Oh & love your photos! First photo was my fav