Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Aug 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
leanne1302
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Universal Quick Service

Am I right in thinking that you can only get 1 meal, 1 snack and 1 drink for each day you have the plan as opposed to multiple meals/snacks
leanne1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Yes. It’s usually not worth buying. If you do buy an expensive qs meal that would make the plan worth it you can buy dining plan at the till, at most you save a few dollars though.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

We bought it for 2 of the 4 of us when there last month. We bought the option with the coke freestyle cup included. We used an Amex card to pay so even with the foreign transaction fee we still saved money, they cost $27 + tax after discount. DH & DS1 were looking to get one of the more expensive meals at Fastfood Boulevard. They both got a combo option so both boys got the milkshake (which was more like soft serve ice cream). DS1 used one of the snack credits for a butterbeer which would otherwise have cost $8. It’s not good value for everyone, it definitely depends on what you’re going to eat. DS2 and myself were only likely to eat cheaper options which is why we only got 2. If you’re planning on buying freestyle cups anyway it may be a good option. Have a look at the menus on the Universal website or app to try and gauge if it would be worthwhile for you.

ETA The credits don’t all have to be used on the day it’s purchased. We used the snack credits on a different day to when the plans were purchased.

Edited at 01:22 PM. Reason: To add more info
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kezza632
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
We bought it for 2 of the 4 of us when there last month. We bought the option with the coke freestyle cup included. We used an Amex card to pay so even with the foreign transaction fee we still saved money, they cost $27 + tax after discount. DH & DS1 were looking to get one of the more expensive meals at Fastfood Boulevard. They both got a combo option so both boys got the milkshake (which was more like soft serve ice cream). DS1 used one of the snack credits for a butterbeer which would otherwise have cost $8. It’s not good value for everyone, it definitely depends on what you’re going to eat. DS2 and myself were only likely to eat cheaper options which is why we only got 2. If you’re planning on buying freestyle cups anyway it may be a good option. Have a look at the menus on the Universal website or app to try and gauge if it would be worthwhile for you.

ETA The credits don’t all have to be used on the day it’s purchased. We used the snack credits on a different day to when the plans were purchased.
I have bought 4 of these incl the freestyle cups, I just thought I’m as well going all in for our first day , do u think the meal can be carried over too... there’s a good chance I’ll just have a snack, I’m not big into the food at parks, so it would make sense if I wasn’t fussed to let someone use it another day
Kezza632 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
leanne1302
Proud to wear my Ears

good to know about rolling over snacks. might just play it by ear when we get there. even if we do 1st day and pay extra day to activate the freestyle mug it might be an option for us. thanks everyone
leanne1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kezza632 View Post
I have bought 4 of these incl the freestyle cups, I just thought I’m as well going all in for our first day , do u think the meal can be carried over too... there’s a good chance I’ll just have a snack, I’m not big into the food at parks, so it would make sense if I wasn’t fussed to let someone use it another day
Yes it can be. Essentially you’re buying a gift card with meal credits on it. You’re given a receipt with it which shows the meal credits and freestyle cup. If you collect the cup there and then you’ll get a receipt showing the cup part as used and the meal credits remaining. The meal credits are on a plastic card so no need to keep the receipt or worry about it getting wet.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kezza632
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Yes it can be. Essentially you’re buying a gift card with meal credits on it. You’re given a receipt with it which shows the meal credits and freestyle cup. If you collect the cup there and then you’ll get a receipt showing the cup part as used and the meal credits remaining. The meal credits are on a plastic card so no need to keep the receipt or worry about it getting wet.

Thanks , where in parks do we collect the cards , I have print out emails & Also Universal App on my phone showing our dining plan codes
Kezza632 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List