Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

August 2021 Planning - Will we get there?

Who else is booked for August?

We booked flights for March when Virgin were doing their crazy cheap sale, we knew they wouldn't go ahead but booked them so we could lock in the price. Virgin cancelled them last week so yesterday we made the decision to change them to August. We really enjoyed it when we visited last year (despite hurricane Dorian making herself known!)

Anyway, I just wondered what peoples thoughts on August are? Will masks still be a requirement at Disney? Will we even be able to travel by then? Will Virgin operate from T3 (I would like to use the UC clubhouse but won't be able to if they're still at T2) Virgin are currently offering 3 direct flights a day but I can see that being reduced to 2. I personally can't see how they will fill 3 planes quite so soon after all this.

I know that no-one has the answers but I'm interested to know what some of you are thinking? I'm hoping that once this vaccine gets up and running properly that things will start to change rapidly! 🤞🏼

Edited at 10:12 AM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked for end of august. I’ve got my fingers crossed we can go! I have my first dose of vaccine booked in for tomorrow. I am thinking we will probably be able to go with restrictions which is fine with us.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
10th sept so hopefully things will be back to normal by then , we can only hope .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

We're booked for 16th Aug.
I'm fairly certain flights will be on by them but I think there will be restrictions still in place.
I can deal with some restrictions but mask wearing will be a deal breaker for us and we've decided to cancel if it's still needed.
As a family of 6 staying on site, we cannot justify the cost for the experience if heavy restrictions are still in place.
We should of gone August this year so I'm hoping things will be better by August but I'm not convinced just yet!
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DOFFSTER
Getting Excited

DOFFSTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We changed from Aug 20, then Oct 20, Mar 21 and now we have 15th Aug 21 so I have everything crossed!
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Fingers crossed,we are booked for 16th August after 3 cancellations so I'm hoping things will be improving by then
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DOFFSTER View Post
We changed from Aug 20, then Oct 20, Mar 21 and now we have 15th Aug 21 so I have everything crossed!
We are booked to fly 15 Aug as well. Where are you flying from?

I am currently around 80% confident that we will be able to fly. My only doubts are around whether Disney will be normal enough to want to go ahead. This trip is a bit of a splurge for us - UC flights both ways and staying club level at Hard Rock then a fortnight at the Grand Floridian - so we will postpone if it’s likely to be a diminished experience. I’m not as confident on that side of things, but couldn’t put a figure on it right now. The main issue for us is the mask wearing and restaurant availability- don’t mind the park booking so much,though it does limit our usual level of flexibility as we often change our plans even on the day.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
we are there the whole of August, plus 2 x 1 week cruises on th new Mardi Gras

i love the heat and humidity though Susan struggles with that oppressive humidity.
i also like the lightning storms, the rides close n the parks, but if you loiter can get on them and ride twice before Qs form again!

Everything should hopefully be ok by then and heard disney are restarting the park hopping. I think depending how vaccinations go in the USA will dictate masks, however like parts of Asia people may continue to wear them all the time

Just want to get away sat here surrounded by snow, and we should have been sunning ourselves in the canaries that got canx last week !
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We’re booked for august and I’m honestly in two minds. It’s not even the masks that puts us off, it’s the unknown regarding vaccines, self isolation on return things like that. It’s not a cheap holiday and I don’t want to spend the next few months stressing over it.

I’m really thinking of pushing it back 6 months till feb 2022. We went in feb this year and had a great time. When I booked the disney part back in June I thought things would be pretty much back to normal, but here we are at Christmas seeing new strains and more lockdowns. I really hope things take a more positive turn, and quickly!

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Masks will definitely be required in my opinion, continued park restrictions but flights will be operating although could also be subject to vaccine requirements which I think will come too soon for the under 50s crowd.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List