Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Nov 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Filming on rides

I've got a go pro with the usual stick but also secure wrist mount so was hoping to get some good POV footage on rides.

I know on the whole disney seem fairly friendly to this, but with regards to Universal, Sea world and Busch gardens what are the rules?

I know at Universal I probably wouldn't be able to do Rip ride rocket, Hulk etc and probably the other newer ones (sadly) but for rides such as Blutos barges etc how lenient are they? I get the impression Sea world aren't too militant on it.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

When I was at Disney in 2018 and 2019 they didn't allow sticks. People in front of me at bag check in MK on one occasion had theirs confiscated. I don't know about the other parks.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Usually its a no camera rule, Busch are the most relaxed about it but you usually require a fixed chest mount for a Go Pro.
The likes of Rip Ride Rocket you have to completely empty your pockets and stow everything in a locker.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Universal are ridiculous about such matters with not only forced lockers, but now metal detector scans.
Disney are camera friendly. They will also allow selfie sticks, gimbals etc unless they are of an extending nature, extending sticks will be confiscated at bag check if detected.
I am unsure if they would let you use a gimbal on a fast ride. Camera may have to be hand held then.
Old 8 Nov 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Sticks were definitely not allowed a couple of years ago.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

This probably would be the setup

I like the stick due to rubber handle and it does not extend.

Personally on rides like River Adventure, I cant see why before the main drop area why this wouldn't be allowed. I know certain areas they dont allow filming on that ride which is at the end.

Perhaps my wrist mount will be the best way forward but I cant imagine they would confiscate that stick?
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

Camera Sticks

How annoying if you are on whatever attraction and someone is holding one of these in your line of sight. Filming on all attractions should be banned. Just my opinion.
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cricket50 View Post
How annoying if you are on whatever attraction and someone is holding one of these in your line of sight. Filming on all attractions should be banned. Just my opinion.
Only if the person filming it is being unreasonable. I've filmed many rides and have memories I'll cherish forever. Not once did it breach their line of sight. I suppose that comes down to what your perception is. I would never use it in a way that would reduce other riders level of enjoyment.

Apart from that, I don't see your post adding any value other than to cause a conflict of unnecessary opinions.

Back to the topic. Wrist straps are fine for water rides etc. Extendable sticks are a no go. Disney usually OK, and as Mr T noted, Universal are very against it.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by steph206 View Post
Only if the person filming it is being unreasonable. I've filmed many rides and have memories I'll cherish forever. Not once did it breach their line of sight. I suppose that comes down to what your perception is. I would never use it in a way that would reduce other riders level of enjoyment.

Apart from that, I don't see your post adding any value other than to cause a conflict of unnecessary opinions.

Back to the topic. Wrist straps are fine for water rides etc. Extendable sticks are a no go. Disney usually OK, and as Mr T noted, Universal are very against it.
I think best practice will be wrist mount for on ride, which really isnt going to be too much of a problem as ill be sitting down anyway.

In terms of the stick, I will keep that for probably the queue and put it in my shorts side pocket. The stick i posted a picture of isnt extendable anyway, I mostly like it for handle and the wrist loop
Old 8 Nov 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steph206 View Post

Our opinion is just as valid as yours, it isnt inflammatory and not intended to upset people. As the posted stated, if it was in the line of sight then it would be annoying for the person behind. I would be apprehensive that they were going to let go of the object, no matter what tether is in place this would give me the heebie jeebies and not be a pleasant ride for me. If I cant see it then I wont worry. You already stated that you kept yours out of LOS so people probably didnt even know it was there.

I agree, filming on attractions should be banned.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List