Old 14 Dec 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 4 - November 2021

Index here

Day 3 Here

Day 4 - 17 November 2021 - Animal Kingdom & Cheesecake Factory

Today is the same as the others and I wake up at 730. F sleeps in a little longer to 830 and when awake I grab breakfast from the hotel for our usual of waffles and breakfast sandwiches.

We leave just before 10 and head to Disney Springs parking in the Orange garage, first off we take a look in the world of Disney to see if they have had any new stock in which it doesn’t look like. No sign of any new stock for the elusive spirit jersey.

Today’s park of choice is Animal Kingdom. Again today we are being cheap and getting resort busses to save on the parking. (Don’t worry Disney will get the money from us another way!) We head to the bus station and first one we see is a bus to All star Resorts so we grab this one and head over to All Star Music. We just see an Animal Kingdom bus leave so we take the chance to have a look in the shops and have a sit in this lovely Florida weather.

Around 20 mins a bus arrives to take us to Animal Kingdom and we are there in around 10 mins. All in it takes us around 45 mins from Disney Springs to arriving in Animal Kingdom.

Once in Animal Kingdom we start to head towards Everest but not before heading through the shops. They are also just about to start a kite tails show so we head in to find a spot in the shade and enjoy the show. This one was themed around Lion King and apart from Mufasa having a little dip it all went really well and we both enjoyed the show.

From here we headed to Everest, you could have brought a lighting lane pass for $7, the posted wait was 25 mins but we were on in 10 and most of that was walking the queue line. We love the ride and would say it’s one of our favourites so once off we head back on, again a 25 posted wait turns into 10. You really can tell when hardly anyone is using the Lightning lanes.

Lunch time is calling and we head to Flame Tree BBQ, we have a portion of the Mac and cheese with pulled pork, a side of fries and a mango slush. This is my happy place when I’m having a bad day at work, I close my eyes and think of here especially when I have the lion king credit music playing, it brings me straight to here. I love the food, the sitting area, the fact you can hear music going on around you and people having a great time.

FOP is showing a 30 min wait so we had towards Pandora, but when we get there it has gone upto 60 so we continue on to Africa and head to our safari for the day with a posted wait of 35 we are on in 10. Lots of animals were out today, and the giraffes decided today they would stand in the road for 10 mins, we were stuck for a little while until they were tempted out by a ranger and some food. A little further round the Emus decided to hang around in the road but are soon moved on by a rino who decided he wanted in on the action. He soon got bored and moved on so we were able to continue the safari.

Off the safari we headed into the traders shop for a little cookie snack, we were just about to tuck in when we noticed FOP was a 30 min wait so we headed on down. We could have skipped the line for $11, but overall it took us around 40. As ever it’s a great ride and I always spot something different each time we ride.

We then headed out the park via the shops and photographers, and grabbed a bus to old key west. I did not realise how big this resort was until we hopped on the Disney Springs bus, which must have taken us around 20 mins to do a lap of the resort. It took us just over an hour to get from Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs via old key west resort.

We get back to the hotel for around 6, there is no rest for us so we have showers, and 30 min sit down and we are out the door again and head to the Mall at Millenia. Main reason being to visit Pottery Barn! I know it’s a bit of a trek but we both like to have a look around and see what we can’t afford and today was no different! Once we picked out furnishing for our fantasy house we headed to Cheesecake Factory. It was a 40 min wait which was true. We were seated and ordered a club sandwich for F and orange chicken for me. The portions as ever were huge and I again made the error of eating half a tonne of bread before hand. I manage around 3/4 of my chicken before giving in. We take some cheesecake to go, 30th anniversary and oreo to enjoy later on.

We get back to the hotel for around 1030, before crashing out on the bed.

Day 5

Edited at 09:40 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another fab day, I'm glad you didn't have much waiting in AK for the rides, just goes to show really that lightening lane isn't always needed and that the posted times aren't accurate sometimes too.

Food looks fab as usual X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Yummy pulled pork from Flame tree bbq for lunch, I can't wait to get back there. Again good wait times even for FOP. We've never done standby on that ride as we've always been lucky with 60 day FPs. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the full queue.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I've never known the FOP line to be as low as 30 minutes - changed days! Great day at AK, and pretty good on the wait times.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List