Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Dec 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Why not put your flight details on the "Is My Flight Full" thread, that should give you the answers you're looking for.
I was thinking that but isn’t that purely based around the amount of seats booked in advance? Rather than how many tickets have actually been purchased?
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I was thinking that but isn’t that purely based around the amount of seats booked in advance? Rather than how many tickets have actually been purchased?
Don't think so, it seems to be based on how many more seats the airline is prepared to sell. Ask, I'm sure Stanley Camel won't bite!
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

I’m booked with a package flight and accommodation
from LHR. in anyones experience or opinion, do you reckon would BA simply shift my holiday to operate from LGW or would they cancel it totally if the LHR slots got taken back by a premium route.
Got such a good deal on the flights I’d be gutted to lose them if BA didn’t automatically shift us if they cancelled the LHR service, and I can’t bear the thought of having to play phone call roulette with BA Holidays again 🤦

Edited at 04:58 PM.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
I’m booked with a package flight and accommodation
from LHR. in anyones experience or opinion, do you reckon would BA simply shift my holiday to operate from LGW or would they cancel it totally if the LHR slots got taken back by a premium route.
Got such a good deal on the flights I’d be gutted to lose them if BA didn’t automatically shift us if they cancelled the LHR service, and I can’t bear the thought of having to play phone call roulette with BA Holidays again 🤦
I think they would transfer to Gatwick, then if you don’t like it I believe it counts enough of a change to get a refund if you wanted to.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Thanks dan223. I hope that they’d do that 🤞 I can cope with the airport change, LHR is the nice to have but the holiday is the main thing.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

FYI for anyone following I’ve posted in the is my flight full thread and Stanley Camel is going to see if he can find out what is happening. Seems like a number of other people also asking for dates affected.

Nothing that I can really see anything online with an explanation as to what is happening, just suspicions that they may move it to Gatwick. I’m not sure much will be found out until nearer the time.
The codeshares from AA seem to have disappeared so that may show somethings happening or purely because of the lack of seats.
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

FYI for anyone following I’ve posted in the is my flight full thread and Stanley Camel is going to see if he can find out what is happening. Seems like a number of other people also asking for dates affected.

Nothing that I can really see anything online with an explanation as to what is happening, just suspicions that they may move it to Gatwick. I’m not sure much will be found out until nearer the time.
The codeshares from AA seem to have disappeared so that may show somethings happening or purely because of the lack of seats.
Thank you, I was going to do the same thing.
We go in July/August and drive down from Cheshire. It will add at least an hour to our trip.
In addition we have the nightmare of 3 different bookings, myself and my husband on a cash one, my daughter on part avios part cash and my son on full avios.
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Slartibartfast
Proud to wear my Ears

For the date of the 13th Sept that you posted on the other thread, business class is widely open for sale but WTP has 8 seats left for sale and Economy only four - so it is filling up. (By seats here I mean tickets in that cabin and not seat reservations)

No sign of this flight being taken off sale and its unlikely in any event to move to LGW only as BA will not permit Virgin to operate to a destination like Orlando from its home base and not do so itself!
Slartibartfast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
For the date of the 13th Sept that you posted on the other thread, business class is widely open for sale but WTP has 8 seats left for sale and Economy only four - so it is filling up. (By seats here I mean tickets in that cabin and not seat reservations)

No sign of this flight being taken off sale and its unlikely in any event to move to LGW only as BA will not permit Virgin to operate to a destination like Orlando from its home base and not do so itself!
I don’t think they are “filling up” though, the amount hasn’t changed on my date since I noticed it, BA just aren’t selling many tickets for whatever reason from my understanding, as Stanley described it as “restricted fares” and it seems to be most if not all flights from LHR from around May time for a number of months. There’s a reason behind it, but no-one quite knows yet. I don’t know the exact timing, but around a similar time the additional Gatwick flight appeared, it would seem odd for BA to have three flights to Orlando a day, and I’d also be very surprised for September 13th (and the many other dates and months) to be suddenly be full, which again based on what Stanley has said, they seem to be restricting sale of seats rather than the seats being fully booked.

Some speculation on why they have not cancelled the flight and just moved people now was because of the competition from virgin as you say, if they do it later, most will just continue with the change to Gatwick. There could be lots of reasons behind it. Hopefully Stanley might be able to find out a bit more soon. If not I’ll expect in a few months time when we get nearer to the flights that are affected.
Old 3 Jan 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Slartibartfast
Proud to wear my Ears

I don’t think they are “filling up” though, the amount hasn’t changed on my date since I noticed it, BA just aren’t selling many tickets for whatever reason from my understanding, as Stanley described it as “restricted fares” and it seems to be most if not all flights from LHR from around May time for a number of months. There’s a reason behind it, but no-one quite knows yet. I don’t know the exact timing, but around a similar time the additional Gatwick flight appeared, it would seem odd for BA to have three flights to Orlando a day, and I’d also be very surprised for September 13th (and the many other dates and months) to be suddenly be full, which again based on what Stanley has said, they seem to be restricting sale of seats rather than the .
There is a very good reason for it - BA took the A350 off the route and swapped for the 777. The 777 at best has 2/3rds of the seats of the A350 in Economy (150 odd compared to the 210 on the larger plane). Because this created full/almost full flights they then added the Gatwick inventory. There doesn’t seem mystery to it and the back end GDS data seems to support this.
Slartibartfast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List