Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MJH1948
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I can't see why April won't go ahead, cases are expected to peak here this week/early next week. By April things should be looking much better.
There are also a number of reports today suggest that the test required to return to the UK will be scraped.
I too am hoping to go to Florida end April

May I ask where these reports about scrapping return tests are coming from?

My family did Spain & Greece destinations last summer when the travel opened up and they did pre-return tests on every occasion and then a 2day test when home. So it’s not a new test recently introduced. Unfortunately I can’t see this test being dropped any time soon.
MJH1948 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJH1948 View Post
I too am hoping to go to Florida end April

May I ask where these reports about scrapping return tests are coming from?

My family did Spain & Greece destinations last summer when the travel opened up and they did pre-return tests on every occasion and then a 2day test when home. So it’s not a new test recently introduced. Unfortunately I can’t see this test being dropped any time soon.
It's being reported by various media outlets. The source is only that ministers are pushing for it to be scrapped as part of the travel update due this week, rather than a leaked update.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cringer
a Friend of the DIBB

Like you I've cancelled before but due to fly 2nd April and see no reason to cancel unless something dramatic happens.
cringer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m expecting to go on 30th April 😊 can’t wait!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

I’m due to go beginning of May (4th attempt) and am positive about being able to go all of us are fully vaccinated but the pre tests (which the American cdc information says you need day before departure to USA) are worrying me.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

were going April without the kids! but before that we are supposed to go next week, I don't see either being cancelled myself!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
The Thornes
Getting Excited

For the first time in ages we are actually getting excited and starting to plan for this trip.
2014 Rosen Pointe Orlando
2017 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Sports resort - Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Music - Hard Rock Hotel
2022 Rosen Pointe Orlando -Pop Century - Hard Rock Hotel
2023 Portofino Bay
The Thornes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

I've just had a phone call from DD who's currently on the Disney Magic and they've asked her to extend her contract until 2nd April...it means that I can finally start to plan a holiday as this falls inside our Easter holidays for school and we can meet at Mco . It's all starting to fall into place , feeling positive - let the planning begin !
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We're booked to go on the 12th of April third time lucky. Should have been November 2020, cancelled, so we opted for April 2021, didn't happen so now we are booked for this April.

As long as you have flexible bookings you'll be fine. Yes, its a pain in the bum but hang in there - we are confident this time it will happen!

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
billchecker1
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
We are booked to fly 9th April and I am as confident as I can be that it will be going ahead. My biggest worry is testing positive pre flight.
We are (hopefully!) flying on the 9th too!

Im so excited. Its been 11 years and we now have a five year old to take with us.

Im hoping the regulations aren't too stringent.
billchecker1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List