Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jan 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Day 6 A Magical Evening

We had a lovely chilled morning in the pool. As we had rushed out early each morning we hadn’t realised the sun is on the pool early morning so it was lovely to have a swim in a sunny pool.

After an early lunch we went on a hunt for Funko Pops as Alix is now a collector. We visited the Dollar Tree where we bought a few bits and pieces and the Flea Market, opposite Old Town, where Alix bought a Pop. As Darren and I were sat in a shaded area waiting for Alix, Matt messaged to ask when was a good time to call, so we chatted with Matt while we waited. We then headed to Florida Mall and Alix bought another pop and spent $35 in Bath and Body. I couldn’t understand how somebody could take so long in choosing bath products. There was a queue outside to get in so I guess it is popular.

From here we headed to the most Magical Kingdom on Earth, my favourite park. I absolutely loved sailing across Bay Lake, listening to Xmas songs. I would quite happily have spent all night doing this.

As we entered we realised it was the busiest park we had been to.

We knew it was a party night and couldn’t decide whether this was a good time to visit or not. We hoped it might have kept other people away but that did not appear to be the case. When we were supposed to come last year we had purchased After Hours tickets but when we had to cancel we returned them and had not repurchased them. Now we wished we had. The crowds were forgotten when I saw the magnificent tree and spectacular castle.

And we weren’t too worried about the crowds as we only wanted to ride a couple of rides, BTM and Space Mountain and soak up the atmosphere. BTM was showing as 35 minutes and Space Mountain as 45 so we headed to BTM. Alix found a magic band and handed it to a CM. I was so pleased we caught the end of the parade and got to see Mini and Mickey.

When we got to BTM it had risen to 45 but we jumped in line. We soon realised it was very hot in the line and we knew it got hotter as you went inside. Darren said he wanted to sit it out and Alix wasn’t bothered about riding it so I reluctantly agreed to postpone it to when Alix and I return. So we ducked under the ropes to leave the line and went for a wander instead. Alix got some popcorn and Darren and I shared glazed nuts, which were really nice. When we passed Philarmagic there was no queue so I suggested we went in as we hadn’t done this in years. Alix humoured me but Darren wanted to wait outside. I suggested he would be better coming in as at least he would have a seat and it would be cool. He reluctantly agreed.

Darren was so pleased he did this. It had obviously changed a lot since we had last seen it and Darren said he loved it and it was awesome. Alix had also really enjoyed it. We had a photopass taken

before heading to the People Mover. The line here was 15 minutes but looked longer and Space Mountain was still 40 minutes so I suggested Darren and Alix rode Space Mountain while I rode the People Mover. I really enjoyed the People Mover, as always, and afterwards I went to take a look at the amazing castle. I think I prefer the Xmas lights on the castle but it did look really good. I could only get a side view as the crowds were gathering for the fireworks an hour early and there was no way to cross through the walkways.

Alix messaged to say Space Mountain had only been 15 minutes so they had gone on for a 2nd time but it had stopped running so they were leaving the queue. I walked towards them to get a photpass pic on the Tomorrowland bridge but the photographer had gone. We tried again on Main Street but the photographer waited until we had queued for 5 minutes before telling us the line was closed. The other lines were too long so we didn’t bother, choosing to take our own instead.

We left the park at around 7.30 in order to get to the ferry dock to watch the fireworks, taking more pics outside.

The queues coming in for the party were huge and at this point we were pleased we hadn’t paid hundreds to queue but it would probably be quieter once the day guests had left. I loved the ferry ride again.

At the dock we found a seat and enjoyed a cuppa and doughnut which was much nicer than expected.

When the fireworks started Darren and I walked down to the dock but Alix stayed on her seat. The fireworks were as amazing as ever.

The only problem was the music wasn’t as loud as usual. We then enjoyed the 15 minute walk back to the Simba parking lot as it was a beautiful night.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day with a mixture of things done

Joan
Old 9 Jan 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Gosh it does look busy on Main Street. Some lovely photos though of you all and the castle does look pretty at night with all the lights.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Gosh it does look busy on Main Street. Some lovely photos though of you all and the castle does look pretty at night with all the lights.
I thought I would be disappointed not to see the Xmas lights but the 50th lights did look good so pleased we got to see them.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List