Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin new clubhouse Manchester

I am aware there is provision in T2 for a VA clubhouse and wonder if anyone may have any indication when this could be opened ? I have been told that some staff have been appointed and would open once full flight capacity is achieved.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no idea but this is very exciting - please let it be pre mid May 🤣
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Oh no idea but this is very exciting - please let it be pre mid May 🤣
Early May please - we're due to fly on the 6th

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Flying out 18 April fingers crossed
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've messaged them on twitter, we have flights booked in late Feb and I need to know what the position is regarding the lounge or guesting family into the 1903.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in the 1903 lounge last week. It’s certainly better than the old one in terms of space and layout but the food was the same. I was hoping for better-something like the Heathrow offerings but it wasn’t to be.

I’ve not really followed the development of it closely so excuse my ignorance. Is the current 1903 lounge the finished article or is the intention to make it more like the Heathrow Clubhouse?

The new Terminal 2 in general is quite impressive. Although we didn’t get time to look around, there seemed to be lots of shops and restaurants.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Flying out 18 April fingers crossed
We are flying this date too- 9.20am currently!
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
Is the current 1903 lounge the finished article or is the intention to make it more like the Heathrow Clubhouse?
1903 is an independent lounge - Virgin have just done a deal to place passengers in there while the proposed Clubhouse is completed.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
1903 is an independent lounge - Virgin have just done a deal to place passengers in there while the proposed Clubhouse is completed.
Ahh that makes sense.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Clubhouses (outside of LHR and New York) have been sold off to 3rd parties since covid. UNIQ updates suggest if it opens it will be as a 3rd party lounge like LAX et al (shame as the LAX lounge was wonderful but this week I went to the new one - great outdoor space but the rest was grey and boring )

I hope they revert but wouldn’t hold out for it give then current financial strain - if LAX clubhouse can go then all others (outside LHR and JFK) are surely at risk ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List