Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

We just returned and I have to say it was just as good as our 2019, we were just so happy to be somewhere we loved after 2 years of feeling trapped at home.

We were there for New Years Eve, so it was much busier than we are used too (we go in September normally) but that was to be expected and we didn't mind the crowds.

Genie + worked great for us, we used it quite a bit in our first week when it was busier but didn't need it as much when it quietened down last week. I wouldn't say i spent anymore time on my phone than usual, when we were having a drink break or stood in a queue I would connect to Wifi and book our next lightening lane.

The only thing we noticed most was the park hopping from 2pm, this was annoying for us, as we quite often get some bits done in one park in the morning and lunchtime head to another park, so I did notice a difference with this and it was one thing I missed about our previous trips. I do hope Disney re consider this again eventually and scrap the from 2pm rule.

Masks didn't bother us, it was actually nice to be somewhere and not have covid talked about everywhere as the no1 discussion like it is back home.

Restaurants - we ate a few places on site as we made reservations 60 days out and with off site, we also made reservations ahead of time so we didnt have to wait for any tables (there were 4 of us). If we said we fancied somewhere for dinner, again whilst in the queues I would just go online and make a reservation. It was pretty simple and worked well for us.

I honestly had the best time ever, and we just loved being there soaking it all in.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 11:51 AM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Im here right now and I love love love it !

I spent today in MK sorting out my annual pass certificate, working out how to use Genie+, buying a Disney mask, lovely magicband and settling into my resort - Old Key West one bed villa.

Im solo so Genie+ I will buy as on site etc, and its just me to pay for, but I can defo see it being yet just another price gouging by Disney.

Will update in a few days
The Old Key West villas are a great size, we get the 2 bedroom which adds the room beside it onto the one bed villa via the adjoining door. I’m jealous of you getting that boat to Disney Springs in the evening. Enjoy 👍🏻
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

I was there for Christmas and new year. There is a lot missing and I think I’m only content as I know I should be able to come back again.
Small things like character interaction and pin trading were lacking.
Buffet and character dining didn’t feel the same.
We just took it in our stride, it was nice not having DDP or fastpass as we didn’t feel tied to be anywhere at a certain time.
I also did feel conscious of covid, I was nervous of catching and testing positive whilst there.
As it ended up I was positive on my day 2 test, just very glad to have made it home.
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Currently here and compare to jan 2020 its a lot more expensive.
Supermarket costs have risen alot, wouldn’t say there’s as many bargains in outlets as there used to be even with voucher codes, a lot of the stuff we can buy similar or cheaper back home.
Traffic seems to be everywhere too but we noticed this last few times we’ve been.
Happy to be back but Definately feel like abit of sparkle has gone from Orlando for us personally.
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
Currently here and compare to jan 2020 its a lot more expensive.
Supermarket costs have risen alot, wouldn’t say there’s as many bargains in outlets as there used to be even with voucher codes, a lot of the stuff we can buy similar or cheaper back home.
Traffic seems to be everywhere too but we noticed this last few times we’ve been.
Happy to be back but Definately feel like abit of sparkle has gone from Orlando for us personally.
Yes ! Arent the prices of things in the supermarkets horrific ?! I look at the prices and think I can get that in Aldi for a quarter of the price !
Old 18 Jan 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Yes ! Arent the prices of things in the supermarkets horrific ?! I look at the prices and think I can get that in Aldi for a quarter of the price !
Oh do tell! I love a good price comparison

When I was there, I think things like fresh fruit and veg was a lot more expensive than England but other bits I didn't notice much difference.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List