Old 14 Jan 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Putts, Balls and Snow Falls - Day 5 No Balls, but a hint of Disney

Back to Index

So having not got back to the Villa until the early hours of the morning, we made the sensible decision not to go to the Basketball tonight, we were just too tired to think. But I was able to transfer the tickets to a member of my team and his wife who were also out there, so a win-win all round.

And that extended to what we were doing and eating - we started with an extended conversation by the pool... with the senior Monkeys and lots of soft drinks

As we were running short of drinks, we decided to hit Walmart on the 535 for a food shop. This was the first USA supermarket we went to. We have very fond memories of that day as we watched the shuttle go up from the Walmart car park (along with a lot of others, a perfect start of a holiday).

Anyway I digress, we went to Walmart and as always, couldn't keep to just food and also came away with some paint brushes, Christmas presents for nieces and godsons and pants... for some reason, lots of paints.

Safety Walmart - I would give them 3 out of 5, everything was clean and the staff were on hand with masks and hand sanitizer. But there was little distancing and on the whole people ignored the staff and the signs on the floor.

As we were there decided to hit the Hooters, which used to be just behind Crossroads just of Palm Parkway.

We used to really like this place, but it didn't have any atmosphere and felt a little bit grubby and was not a patch on Buffalo Wild Wings. I think that area on a whole is suffering a little bit from Crossroads shutting, it felt run down.

The Tator Tots and fries were nice but... the wings were not a patch on some of the others we had on the holiday. I don't think we will be rushing back any time soon.

Safety Hooters - I would give them 1 out of 5, it felt a little grubby and unclean and the loos were terrible.

On to part 2

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It would have been rude not too...

So having had a disappointing lunch, we decided to hit Disney Springs. We don't "do" disney but I do like a mooch around Disney Springs. We parked in Lime and there was a very well controlled queue, with very clear details of what masks you could and couldn't wear.

In the time it took us from entering the carpark to getting into Disney Springs, the heavens had opened so the shops and eateries were packed. They had a nice range of the 50th anniversary range and we went on the hunt for a Christmas Decoration... the Christmas shop have any which meant we had to hit the main store - which was PACKED, but I found one,

It has flashing lights and lots of lovely images from the parks. The upside of finding one, is it took us over 40 minutes to pay, and it had dried out by time we got out.

We decided to go on a hunt for Christmas Trees, my favourites were the Haunted Mansion and Halloween Trees

Safety Disney Springs - I would give them 5 out of 5, they were very strict on using masks and social distancing but it was very quiet, we were surprised.

By 3pm, it had started to drizzle again so we headed back to the villa. to catch up on some rest.

After another long discussion about food, we headed back to Millers for Ribs and Burgers (the do a Hot Sauce burger which I love)... No pictures of the food, but we do have the monkeys with the menus

Mr W wants people to know that these was some of the best ribs he has ever had, and I love the chicken burgers at Millers and we had beer. Mr W also recommends Kona (I had an Apple Orchard).

Spend Breakdown
Walmart Shop - $64.99
Lunch at Hooters (soft drinks) - $29.77 This was 20 cents dearer than Celebration Tavern for almost the same food and tip, I know what we preferred
Christmas Decoration at Disney - $26.61
Supper at Millers - $43.24

Total Day 3 Spends - $164.61
Total Holiday Spends - £609.42
Average Daily Spend - $121.88

Back to Index

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day we always enjoy Millers

Joan
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Nice to see all the Disney Springs Christmas decorations.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List