Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue
I’m glad other villa owners have things that breed
Us it’s park mugs and ponchos
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

For our last trip in 2019, ours were 3 and 6. I debated about just taking a single. In the end I took a baby jogger double and they both used it.
It wasn’t so much about not walking, it was shade from the sun. Both of mine are very fair.
Escape from the crowds, when they were both in there we knew were they where.
Plus we had bags and drinks on it.

We would leave it places and walk around for bit and then collect it later when moving from an area.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

We are hopefully taking our 6 and 3 year olds in the summer and I think I’m going to hire a double out there. They might not both use it all the time but I think it would be worth it in the summer heat, and also if we need to get somewhere quickly, being able to strap them in and get going will be useful!

I’d look to get one second hand over here but we just wouldn’t fit it in the car with all the luggage!
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Good thread! We've got a 4 and 6 Yr old and usually take strollers.

Any idea how much stroller rental is?
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

We're going with our just turned 3 year old. Definitely getting a stroller as don't think he will last the long days and I want to give him some rest time.
Had anyone rented one ? Where did you rent from ? Don't really want to take one through the airport. Rather just get one delivered to he hotel 😊
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

My DD will be 5 when we go in April and I'm renting one for sure. She can walk bits, but usually complains of getting tired quite quickly and there's no way myself or my mom can carry her for any distance (husband staying home this time). I'd rather have it and not end up needing it than vice versa! We don't own a stroller at home anymore either, so I'm renting one when we get there, from Kingdom Strollers. We rented from them in 2020 as well and they were brilliant, easy pickup and dropoff from MCO!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Yes, take a stroller. We took them for our children even though not needed at home. Just get a cheap second hand one a leave it there at the end of the holiday or give to another family that could make use of it. Some villas will have one there so worth checking.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DebbyDoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our daughter was 6 the last time we were there and she definitely didn’t use a buggy at home but we bought a cheap one from Walmart and it was a godsend for her.

As others have said your walking upwards of 10k a day then plus the heat makes for tired little feet! A buggy gives them a chance to recharge while still letting you get from a to b. It definitely helped prevent flared tempers and mini meltdowns for us!
Off site 1995 (age 9), ASS 1997, OKW 1999 VB, OKW 2000, OKW BW 2001, OKW DCL WL 2002, OKW 2003, DLP 2004 & OKW 2004, OKW, SS Portofino Bay 2005, OKW, SS Hard Rock Hotel AKL June 2006,OKW & BLT 2009, SSR Nov 2010, POR OKW 2012

DebbyDoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Definitely. I think 5 was the last year we took one but it’s definitely handy.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Off subject slightly but when we took our back then 5yr old Granddaughter we found the tray underneath it an absolute godsend for all the stuff we wouldn’t normally take such as more water, suncream, wet wipes etc etc.

Saved carrying a small rucksack.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List