Old 18 Jan 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 9 - Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios

Day 9 - Thursday 25th October 2019 - Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida
====================

Heath slept in until 9.30am - not surprised after all that walking and candy yesterday.
We had a chat about our plans for Heath’s birthday, which was coming up, and decided to move our fps to Epcot from MK, as that was his favourite park. Mark visited with his family when he was a teenager and told us we’d hate Epcot so I think he was very surprised by this!

Back to today and we decided to head to Typoon Lagoon before Hollywood Studies this evening.

As we were in our swimwear I’m afraid there are no photos from this part of the day - I say that like it’s a bad thing but no one needs to see us in our swimmers so actually…

The morning was a wash out with heavy downpours for most of it. I know rain shouldn’t matter when you’re already wet and in water but it does!
We rode Miss Adventure Falls twice, which we all loved, before bobbing around the lazy river for awhile.
It then started seriously hammering it down so we decided to give the wave pool a go - holy moly, it was absolutely brutal! I went completely under and loads of water shot up my nose. I was glad I was in a swimsuit and not a bikini because I’m not sure it would’ve survived that (no, I’m not scarred from going down a vertical water ride in Dubai in a tankini and giving everyone an eyeful at the end, why do you ask?! )

We called it a day after that and headed back to the hotel for a rest. We’d paid for a savannah view so enjoyed watching the animals from our balcony for awhile - giraffes, zebras, cranes and antelopes were out which was fab.

Heath did some pin trading in the hotel shop with the cast member there - he has to answer which Pixar film has no humans in it…can you guess?

Any idea?

We got it wrong at first and said Wall E but it was Cars of course! Heath was obsessed with these films when he was little so I couldn’t believe we all got it wrong!
Spot Mater and Finn, who had to go everywhere with us for months!

Not sure why he’s staring at that breadstick like he’s about to launch into a Shakespearean soliloquy maybe it’s because he knows this spectacular Lightning McQueen cake is in his future

After that little quiz, we got the bus to Hollywood Studios.
Our first stop was Star Tours - we had a great ride on this, we had Darth Vader threatening us and it ending with the windscreen getting pierced which gave us a proper jump scare!

We were yet to do a character meal today so we obviously had to set that right and it was time for the Halloween Dine at Hollywood and Vine
Loved the characters’ outfits here!

Heath got a birthday cupcake and signed card so he was thrilled. The card is still in his room now! We all got a little bag of candy too.

It was fine but definitely not a meal I’d repeat without the dining plan (remember that?! )

We watched the muppet show again and did Toy Story Mania before it was time for Fantasmic - we had seats included with the meal so we were nice and central.
We all loved the show, the lake of fire was awesome! I love watching Heath’s face during the shows, so cute to see him marvel at it all.

We barely took any photos today so you’ll have to make do with that blurry one that looks like it was taken on a potato.

There was yet more rain once the show finished (good timing) so we went shopping on the way out of the park. I got the 2019 Pandora park charm…I’ve got a whole bracelet full of Disney charms now, will have to make space for more on the next trip.

Despite the weather, we’d still had a fun day. We didn’t do much but still enjoyed ourselves.

Tomorrow, Animal Kingdom for yet another character meal!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A bit of a wash out at Typhoon Lagoon, that wave pool is brutal, I normally just watch as I just can't be doing with the water going up my nose, even from the shallows the waves are very strong! Another character meal, how lovely that Heath got a birthday card, he looks pretty chuffed with that.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A bit of a wash out at Typhoon Lagoon, that wave pool is brutal, I normally just watch as I just can't be doing with the water going up my nose, even from the shallows the waves are very strong! Another character meal, how lovely that Heath got a birthday card, he looks pretty chuffed with that.
I’d read the warnings on here and was still taken by surprise by those vicious waves! We’ll stick to the lazy river in future I think.

He was thrilled bless him, a lovely touch.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List