Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Breakfast at Premier Inn or LGW? Keeping kids busy at airport

Hello
We are staying at Premier Inn North LGW. Flight is 10am. We will probably check bags in the night before.
What time do we need to be in the airport?

Also undecided on breakfast at Premier inn (kids eat free) or somewhere in LGW. If so where? Would need to be child friendly.

We don’t have a lounge booked (usually do v room but unable to do so this time) so would need to keep children busy. One has asd, high anxiety and is probably adhd as well. Should I book a lounge-if so which one?

Children will be 9 and 6.

Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always prefer to get through security and eat there.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We enjoy the PI breakfast - I prefer to stay away from the airport for as long as I can when I don’t have the V-Room to relax in. I think if you check in the night before I don’t think you need to get the airport ridiculously early as you’ll have your boarding passes already. Plus the cost of adults + free kids breakfast at the PI is probably the same as buying breakfast for the whole family at the airport. Another advantage is that you’ll be able to reserve a table at the PI whereas at the airport you may need to hunt a table to fit you all in.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d eat at the Premier inn as kids eat free. 😉

If you’ve checked in the night before, all you have to do is go through security so I’d say the earliest you’d have to be there is 8am which leaves plenty of time for breakfast at the Premier Inn. With two little ones, I’d avoid being in the airport a long time as they get bored.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

MyLounge you can get for £13 pp with tastecard plus including premium security booked in advance , often they have groupon deals too . On the door £30.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I tried to do a dummy booking with taste card and it came to £84. Do you possibly have a link for this offer?
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I tried to do a dummy booking with taste card and it came to £84. Do you possibly have a link for this offer?
Thanks
You have to have tastecard extra... but a call complaining it wasn’t clear you needed to have extra may get you a free upgrade.
I only booked last month for August... and it was the same deal as last year.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Thanks
Having an interest in this, i googled Tastecard lounge access and it was the top result (no1lounges . com / tastecard)

It did not ask for my tastecard number, booked for 5 and its came in at £64 (have cheekily went thru topcashback as well at 10% but dont know if this will track)
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

When I have a lounge to go to, I skip breakfast in the hotel and get it in the lounge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t know , I know I needed to upgrade to get it last year (ours is a free with bank account Tastecard). They upgraded for free with very little effort.
The year before I booked it with Norwegian via their flyers club discounts (you don’t need to be flying with them to join and book any of the offers ) which was also cheap.