Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 06, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Just joined - need HELP - BIG TIME - PLEESE!

Hi Guys
Am leaving for our very First Florida Holiday in 21 day's time. Taking our daughter [sorry don't know what all the short-forms are at moment - just rushing to get this out! ], her partner, my husband and our 8 year-old grandson. My H and I have insurance [thru our bank account] but my daughter is having problems insuring herself, her partner and our grandson [who isn't their child but "belongs" to our older son, who isn't going - long story!]. It seems that you can insure your own child but not so easy to insure someone elses! We, of course, have the [delighted] permission of both grandson's mother and father [who are separated - another long story!]. Sorry this garbled, but panic about to set in. Have lots more questions too. Would appreciate ANY help. Thanks x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

When we took our Grandson we just used the TCD family insurance. I don't see why it should be a problem.
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Norma. I think it's easier if it's a grandchild, but as we already have our own insurance my daughter [our grandson's auntie] is trying to get it on hers. But I'll take a look.
This is our first holiday in 4 years and have been rather swept along with the booking and the arrangements and really don't quite know what to expect.
[Teresa x]
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Its just a thought, but cant your grandson's parents get insurance for him in his own name? I thought you could apply for separate insurance especially from the Post Office - its worth a go. Failing that, I know its a pain but your son could get family insurance and your grandson would be covered under that I think.

Sorry I cant be of more help - we are the same as you, we have family insurance through our bank.

Edited at 12:36 PM.
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Janice, that's a good idea and one we never thought off!
Is there a 'special' part of this site where I can get advice for 'senior' members! I'm a v. young [in the head!] 52 yr-old but have to realise my limitations before I go. Obviously DD and her partner and GS will want to try EVERYTHING and I don't want to be known as the Granny Who Held The Bags whilst all and sundry had a thoroughly good time, but I hope there'll be time to rest too! [Yes, some hopes], any advice from anyone in a similar situation would be HUGELY appreciated.
[Teresa]
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

My two DDs (darling daughters! ) had their own policies from Travel Options Direct, as my DH & I have insurance through our bank account. They were very reasonable and efficient, you can do it on line, I think you may need parent/guardian permission, but its only a click not a signature!

(We have never had to claim from them, so I've no experience of that.)

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 4 Jul 06, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Freckles, all good advice and thank goodness we've still got three weeks to go to sort the logistics out! Talk about leaving it to the last minute!
I'm so excited about it but a little wary too!
[Teresa xx]
Old 4 Jul 06, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DozyT
...Is there a 'special' part of this site where I can get advice for 'senior' members! I'm a v. young [in the head!] 52 yr-old but have to realise my limitations before I go. Obviously DD and her partner and GS will want to try EVERYTHING and I don't want to be known as the Granny Who Held The Bags whilst all and sundry had a thoroughly good time, [Teresa]
Sorry, you are way to young to be calling yourself a 'senior' member. Disney isn't really about thrill rides - there aren't that many of them. Try and go on everything you can. You might surprise yourself.

It might help to get a book that describes the rides. The Unofficial Disney guide is a good one. I found it very reassuring.
Old 4 Jul 06, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Teresa, my mum was 54 when we went in April and she goes on nearly
everything not so much the big rollercoasters but most of the other things
inc. Tower of Terror. So don't you be holding the bags get out there and
have fun too.

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 06, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that [tho my kids would disagree with you! ].
PS - how do you get the count-down thingy at the bottom of the signature. Thanks again x
Closed Thread