Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 06, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Lightbulb Hotel Santa Fe

Hi,
I'm Sheila, a lone parent with one 14 yr old son, I'm 52. We are going to DLP on August bank Holiday Monday for 4 nights. We are staying at the Santa Fe and wonder if anyone has been there in the last few months. I have seen good/bad revues of this hotel but so long as it is clean and we get comfy beds we will be happy.
My son is not allowed fizzy drinks as he is in braces, is it easy to buy bottled water at DLP?
We went once in 1996 and stayed at Sequoia Lodge but I can't really remember if you could buy basic things like water, biscuits, in any of the shops!
Anyway, I would be grateful for any general advice/encouragement, as I have not travelled mush since the death of my partner in 2001.

Please send me lots of helpful suggstions.

Sheila
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 06, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking Dlp Dec 04

we did not stay at santa fe but at the my explorers hotel .
you could have iced water with any meal you purchased at hotel and in any of the food outlets serving sit down meal.
Nearly all the fast food outlets sold bottled water we had no problem obtaining any my daughter was pregnant at the time so needed plentiful supply. i travelled without my husband and went with my two daughters and two granddaughters we had a wonderful time rooms were always clean and we had no trouble obtaining snacks and basics from hotel shop but it was only open in the evenings.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
Old 31 Jul 06, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for your reply that's good to know.Such a simple thing to worry about.
Old 31 Jul 06, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
I stayed there last October for a few days with my Granddaughters. The bedrooms were clean and tidy and the beds were comfy enough. To be honest we all so tired after the days in the park we would have slept anywhere!

As already said you can buy bottled water at all the fast food outlets.

Have a really good time.

Dee
Old 31 Jul 06, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
florifan
Imagineer

florifan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DD and I stayed there for a few nights last december, the rooms are motel like but are comfy and clean the bath is a bit on the small side, we needed to warm up and I thought I was going to get stuck!

The only thing is ther is no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and I missed my morning and night time cuppa, but this isn't so much of an issue in summer, but if you want to make a hot drink i suggest you take a travel kettle.

The restaurant in the hotel is called the cantina and serves burgers / chilli, pizza and enchaladas/ fajitas etc and there is a small souveneir shop too.

Our room was near the river and we used to cross the bridge and catch the disney bus from the cheyanne which always seemed much less crowded than the santa fe bus
Old 31 Jul 06, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

The best thing about DLP is their transport to the parks. It's really efficient, you're only a few minutes away at Santa fe. I'm sure it will be fine, after all you'll only be sleeping there It's a really beautiful park and the food is out of this world

You'll have a magical time
Jackie

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 06, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I would advise not to take valuable jewelry with you to the santa Fe as things tend to dissapear there. That said the rooms are clean and basic but we managed 3 adults one child and a baby to sleep there ok.
Transport is fine, staff are fine and there is a petrol station just outside it where you might be able to get the bottled water cheaper.
Old 31 Jul 06, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I took my DD to DLP at the end of June for her birthday, we stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe while we were there for the four night trip, the hotel is very clean and safe, the rooms were very nice and had comfortable beds, each room has a ceiling fan which we needed as it was very hot during our stay, the hotel shop has a fridge stocked with fizzy drinks, alcohol, juices, water, milk and much more, they also sell biscuits, crisps, sweets and more too as do all the eating places and big shops in both parks, or you can also hire a kettle from the information desk at the hotel, we did this as we like a warm drink in a morning and night, but you'll need to take some tea bags, cups and a tea spoon from breakfast, the charge for the kettle is 30 Euros but you get it all back when you return the kettle.

Old 1 Aug 06, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BelleWannabe
Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Santa Fe in January. As everyone says it is clean and comfortable although it looks a bit depressing outside.

Just outside the entrance of the Santa Fe (just walk out the front gates) there is a petrol station which has big bottles of water, crisps snacks etc much cheap than in the hotel and park. We stocked up from there.

BelleWannabe
BelleWannabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 06, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Stayed here last year.
Seem to remember a cooled water dispenser in the breakfast area that could be used to fill water bottles.
We also used the garage outside as suggested.
We hired the kettle too, deposit was fully refunded on it's return.
Also at reception you can swap your breakfast tickets if you want later/earlier ones.
Closed Thread