Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Thoughts on dinner at biergarten restaurant

Hi on our last night in the parks we were hoping to watch the MK fireworks but the park closes at 6 so we are going to head to Epcot instead!
Now looking for a last night restaurant, Teppan edo already booked, wondering if anyone’s been to this restaurant and if so was it a good experience? We are a family of 5 with three DD, 21,15 and 11
Thank you,
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The only thing we didn't like was the sharing tables, the American family on our table had obviously had a domestic, they never cracked a smile even when we said hello to them and never broke breath to us or each other, it was just a bit awkward, not that we wanted to be their BFF or anything, it puts me off trying it again to be honest. (we only knew they were American when the Dad asked the server for drinks)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We were just a two. We enjoyed the food and the entertainment. However, we disliked the table sharing as the previous poster has said, so we wouldn’t go again. With a larger party like yours it may be better.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You could still go to MK for the afternoon and then book a restaurant at one of the monorail resorts and watch the fireworks from the beach after your dinner. There are lots of restaurants to choose from.

Personally I have to agree with the others about Biergarten. We ate there last summer, while the theming is fab and the performances great I didn't get along with the communal dining idea. We were fortunate and had a very friendly American couple at our table, but even so it rather just eat with my family than have to be sociable.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I’ve booked this so many times and always cancelled. I love the look the food and atmosphere but the communal seating puts a shiver down my spine. I know many have no issue with it but not for me. We did Teppen Edo last year as I really wanted to experience it but I hated the communal seating.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We enjoyed the biergarten. We went at Christmas time and they sang silent night and it was breath taking. I know we shared a table but I don’t recall it being an issue. They also have shared tables at Tappen Edo but it’s not a big deal. Some families chat and some just talk within their family. We don’t mind either way really.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I have this booked for my next trip and I am not really bothered about the communal seating. Will just sit the kids next to the other family and hopefully they will have kids and then the adults can happily ignore each other lol while the kids chat (fingers crossed)
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Not been there, but Teppan Edo similar with sharing but we had a lovely British family , we were a 3 and there were 5 of them, so you can drop on good company as well.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have eaten there three times and shared with other people. It has never been an issue

Once the other family were a bit quiet but friendly enough

We shared with three Disney cast members one new years eve. They were hilarious and we had a great time

DH and I have booked for the lunch time before we head for the airport and we are really looking forward to it
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
We have eaten there three times and shared with other people. It has never been an issue

Once the other family were a bit quiet but friendly enough

We shared with three Disney cast members one new years eve. They were hilarious and we had a great time

DH and I have booked for the lunch time before we head for the airport and we are really looking forward to it
That’s good to know! Can I ask how long the dinner experience lasted on average?
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List