Notices

Old 26 Jul 13, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smitfire
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Thanks - any particular restaurant recommendations? Our holiday appear to revolve around eating!
We have Yabba's and Tommy Bahama on our list so far. Also any day trips etc worth doing?
Thanks
Hi, Naples is fab. We've been every year for at least two weeks for the last 8 years, and still finding new and plenty of things to do.

Before everything else take a look at the Visitor Information Center's website and download a few of the visitor guides - and once there you must visit the center itself at the corner of US41 and 5th Avenue. You'll find a wealth of information on everything Naples and surrounding areas... including discount coupon books

Recommendations for restaurants... we love Chops City Grill for seafood and steaks. Truluck's for seafood and steaks (just a bit back from Yabba's), McCormick and Schmick's, Capital Grille, Roy's... or for more informal try any of the dock side restaurants at Tin City or City Dock, Mel's Diner, Pincher's Crab Shack.

There's literally dozens (too many) to choose from.

Trips wise, we love to boat and fish, so we hire a boat and do our own fishing (we take our own rods) but there's plenty of charter boats to take you out for any combination of sunset cruise, fishing, dinner cruise, shelling, dolphin watch.

Then there's the action-type trips, such as airboat rides, jet-ski tours (try Captain Ron's Everglades tours, the best half day ever), parasailing... I could go on but definitely recommend you check the Visitor Center first for ideas (and costs)...

We go in three weeks and the excitement is mounting. This is another conversation but I always feel irritated when I hear of people who said there's nothing to do in Naples)

Have a fab trip.
Old 2 Aug 13, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh just found this, my, what lovely pictures, and emilia is too cute, we have an Emily, love the name!

Pleased to see you are trying yabba s, we liked it a lot there,must remember to get there early ish as Naples seems to be very quiet after 9pm at night.

Our favourites in Naples are yabba s, red lobster and Cheesecake Factory, but Agree with mccormicks if its still there, bucca di beppo is quite nice, California pizza kitchen and brio Tuscan grill. Further north lots of nice places in bonita springs too, even a Bahama breeze in fort Myers if you're going up there shopping.

Enjoy, would be interested to know about the villa there, our friends one was really pricey.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 13, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yes- will post pics of villa- it was MUCH cheaper than we expected ($2500 for 2weeks). There is a mall in bonita springs I want to visit I think, and my dad has Ruth's Chris firmly on his radar up there :-)
Only a week to go and cases are filling up nicely!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That mall thing at bonita is an open mall with cinema, quite upscale, we stayed just up road from there this time last year, that's where that saccos place was in my food review in fact. There is an apple store and cinema there that we went to also and a Haagen Daaz.

Do you like millers ale house? That's another good option and capital grill for steaks or the place you mentioned. Roy's is good too, been to one at bonita, and another very good one at bonita next to first watch for breakfast is bonefish grill? If you like red lobster you should like it there too.

Villa sounds a very good price, I think our friends were stung there, they only had a 3 bed and it was much more than that!

When you up at beach or yacht club? We've stayed at yacht club, such a lovely place to stay.

Enjoy x
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 13, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The villa hopefully will be good- 4 bed with pool & spa. We go to beach club on 17th for 2 nights and am really looking forward to a little Disney fix.
Thanks for the restaurant tips- at this rate I think we will be eating out 5 times a day in order to fit them all in...
Goodness knows what will happen if we find somewhere we like and want to return to!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 13, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

All sounds fab. Just started reading your TR so now I've caught up with your plans, great!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 13, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

You have to visit Captiva and Sanibel islands, beautiful tropical islands - go all the way to the end of Captiva (at the Mucky Duck) and walk along the beach. Also you can take a day cruise.
Biggest Outlet Mall in SW Florida is Miromar just of 1-75 (exit 123) - huge!
Also like Coconut Point Mall on 1-4 North to Ft Myers.
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Beach shots look amazing. Beach Club is just one of our most favourite places in the World!

Cute baby too

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List